View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-03-2017, 10:54 PM
LOL, just the FACT that dogs pull of their own free will while wearing a choker proves that they are not in pain. Shock collars used wrong cause pain, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, nor do you know pain from discomfort. And you can't quite answer, how does a choker collar inflict pain, if dogs continue inflicting it on themselves?

Again my dogs will run 50 miles in a day if I let them, would not that cause pain for many other dogs? Do English Bulldogs run that far in a day, can they without pain, can they even run? is breeding dogs that can not breath properly like a pug or that can not even give birth logical and normal and socially acceptable? Dude there are a lot worse problems in dogdom than choker collars, really.

Buy yours here

https://www.chewy.com/sportdog-train...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.chicme.com/pc/product_det...u30aAq6g8P8HAQ
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Oh dear, today's rant seems to have switched on to breathing problems, which are exacerbated by collapsed tracheas, caused by the severe use of collars such as check chains. Our national breed is an easy target, but one that is making great strides in improving its health status. It never has been necessary for the Bulldog to be able to cover 50 miles.
You do not improve a breed by discarding it. The sheer diversity of canine species ensures that there is a breed for everyone, and just because you favour a particular breed does not make it the first choice for all situations. Try not to be so narrow minded, a good dog person should be able to appreciate that all breeds have their place - even if that place is on an elderly persons knee!
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 12:29 AM

So you want a breed for everyone, but do not care that not every dog is wanted, or that pugs can't breath normally or that vets are asking people not to buy them so breeders stop breeding them.................
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2017, 10:52 AM
No that is not what I said, You really must learn to read what is written on the page. Where did I say that I didn't care if not every dog is wanted? There are many high energy gundog and working breeds who also find themselves unwanted. Should we demand that their breeders moderate the energy levels in their stock to make them more suitable for the mass market? Of course not! Conscientious breeders try to breed the best they can, and to place those puppies in the most suitable homes.
No one has bred the perfect dog, and problems will arise, but it is how you deal with those problems that marks out a good breeder. If you could only turn your anger towards the puppy farms/mills that have been responsible for so much indiscriminate exploitation of all of our beautiful breeds, you might be surprised at how much the canine health statistics would improve.
Sorry to have drifted off topic.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by CaroleC View Post
No that is not what I said, You really must learn to read what is written on the page. Where did I say that I didn't care if not every dog is wanted? There are many high energy gundog and working breeds who also find themselves unwanted. Should we demand that their breeders moderate the energy levels in their stock to make them more suitable for the mass market? Of course not! Conscientious breeders try to breed the best they can, and to place those puppies in the most suitable homes.
No one has bred the perfect dog, and problems will arise, but it is how you deal with those problems that marks out a good breeder. If you could only turn your anger towards the puppy farms/mills that have been responsible for so much indiscriminate exploitation of all of our beautiful breeds, you might be surprised at how much the canine health statistics would improve.
Sorry to have drifted off topic.
Carole
He is just a WUM.
Ignore him.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Pugs can not breath properly, many puppies do not survive or will not be adopted. So by defending the breed you are encouraging the breeding of these unwanted puppies

Note that the pugs that are panting are never running because they can not

Listen to the sound of great dog breeding

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2017, 01:03 PM
This is nothing at all to do with choke chains which sadly can cause similar breathing, throat, spinal, eye and many other problems in all breeds of dogs
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2017, 01:07 PM
Yeah if you think choke chains are harmless put one round your own throat and give it a sharp corrective tug.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2017, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
Pugs can not breath properly, many puppies do not survive or will not be adopted. So by defending the breed you are encouraging the breeding of these unwanted puppies

Note that the pugs that are panting are never running because they can not

Listen to the sound of great dog breeding

Pug breathing. Should it sound like this? - YouTube
I can listen to healthy Pugs breathing not breeding anytime day or night, they make a lot less noise than my staffie and he's not flat faced.
My Pugs get 2 hours exercise a day, they have a bit of a pant a times as does every dog. Of course Pugs can run have you ever met a well bred Pug? or is your experience of the breed all online?
Pugs in the uk don't get adopted they cost around £1200 to buy so you'd hope most people would want one that can breathe. Most problems arise when people go looking for a bargain knowing sod all about the breed pay £600 and then come here asking what's wrong with their dog.
Wheeler
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-03-2017, 01:16 PM
How many miles does your pug run every day? the answer is zero, and that is a lifetime number not a daily number

Love is suffocating

Pedigree dogs with very short muzzles (brachycephalic breeds) such as Pugs, British bulldogs and French bulldogs generally have serious difficulty breathing as the length of their muzzle has been progressively shortened through selective breeding. However, the soft tissue inside is not reduced, blocking their airways.

Their nostrils and windpipes may also be constricted, making it even more difficult to breathe. These dogs endure the constant and excruciating sensation of being suffocated.

Some dogs will faint or collapse due to a lack of oxygen, especially when exercising or excited. Others may overheat, sometimes fatally. Many have chronic sleep deprivation. They may be forced to sleep sitting or standing up, because of their breathing problems.

These dogs often need major surgery to try to improve their quality of life. They have a formally recognised medical condition called Brachycephalic Airway Obstruction Syndrome.
Page 17 of 20 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >