Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2018, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
You know all the crap I have been having with next door using my bin, well I have a massive skip today but apparently they were mouthing off in the garden that we have put stuff in their skip!! I have never done that..nor would I ever and why exactly would I when I have my own skip?? Apparently it's going to come back in my garden... well I tell you what, god help them if anything comes in my garden
Does that house just attract nutters...............
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2018, 06:41 PM
I am beginning to think so Kazz, everyone who has lived there has been a little..ermmm odd! I thought it was just us that think so but nope! My nice neighbour said exactly the same, I have looked at their skip when I was watering the plants and thee is a steam mop and hedge cuttings... can't be me as I have no hedges!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Just back from taking a drive over everywhere deathly quiet all the neighboring rods in and out to. that was about 7.30. Maybe it is like our Michael said one bbq week during the summer no big deal
We will drive over Monday to see if there are lots of kids up and down screaming. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike children and like to hear them in their gardens but am at an age now where I do appreciate my peace and quiet.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2018, 07:29 PM
Totally get that Lynn, I love to hear children playing... just don't want them playing Kirby outside the house or running up and down screeching
I am pleased it appeared to be quiet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-07-2018, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden thinks I'm reading to much into it about sometimes noisy guess you get that anywhere and they are not there much either working or away at the coast. Is that code for it is noisy so when not working they get away ? Am I over thinking ?

Hi Lynn It's a difficult one, there's noise and there's noise For example, in the nearly four years we've been here we've never had any noisy neighbours but last night (and the night before) there was a big party three doors up, they were all out in the garden playing loud (and frankly) pretty hideous music. We couldn't hear it inside the house but outside was noticeable, felt sorry for Julia our immediate neighbour and the people next to her.

But I'm assuming it was a 21st. or some other anniversary and we won't be subjected to that again for at least a year

Your idea of going over again, perhaps in the early evening, might give you a better idea, you might even see some locals people walking, you could ask them

Is there a pub nearby ? I went into our local before buying and asked the landlord about crime, parties, traffic etc. he convinced me it was pretty good. He said the main aggro was among the squaddies up at the RAF camp and the MP's keep on top of that

Was just about to hit the 'submit' button when someone in the lane opposite us has started letting off fireworks, why do people do that now ? Is it some kind of 'status' symbol Luckily Casey seems unfazed by it.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Just back from taking a drive over everywhere deathly quiet all the neighboring rods in and out to. that was about 7.30. Maybe it is like our Michael said one bbq week during the summer no big deal
We will drive over Monday to see if there are lots of kids up and down screaming. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike children and like to hear them in their gardens but am at an age now where I do appreciate my peace and quiet.

Sorry Lynn, should have read all the posts seems OK so far, we have a primary school about a quarter mile away, when the kids are in the playground we can hear them if we're in the front garden, it's not a problem, I know they are having fun
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Awww Harvey, seems nowadays somebody breathes and fireworks must be set off in celebration... you may as well just burn your cash in my opinion.
Oooo you are near an raf base...had many a happy night in Yates with squaddies, can always remember when HMS Coventry was in town, they all had to surrender their Id on entering and any bother, they would be chucked out with no id and would have to sort it out the next day or they couldn't get back on ship. We aren't too far from the army barracks either so we had the pleasure of the army too
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-07-2018, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Awww Harvey, seems nowadays somebody breathes and fireworks must be set off in celebration... you may as well just burn your cash in my opinion.
Oooo you are near an raf base...had many a happy night in Yates with squaddies, can always remember when HMS Coventry was in town, they all had to surrender their Id on entering and any bother, they would be chucked out with no id and would have to sort it out the next day or they couldn't get back on ship. We aren't too far from the army barracks either so we had the pleasure of the army too

Yes waste of money, it's all over in a flash, what do you have to remember

Have always found the forces guys are 'good eggs' they can be excitable and loud but like you say they know their responsibilities and not being able to get back on board their ship is the ultimate deterent to any bad behaviour

I think the fireworks have finished now, Casey came inside, in this weather he is normally outside, it's time for his last lot tablets then we'll see if he goes out again.

Then I'll be heading to bed. Goodnight all
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Good evening all.

Quiet day here. Same old, same old and the weather was 'just nice' this morning.

Lynn. If you are going back to see whether the site is plagued with kids, do yourself a favour and knock on the neighbours doors. It's something we did when my youngest was buying his house. The neighbours were great and didn't mind at all our questions about the neighborhood. He moved in 7 years ago and still gets on great with them all
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3