Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:30 PM

Mya's lame

I really should have a season ticket for the vet lately.

Mya went lame on her left hind leg this morning after having a play with Roxy and Lennon. She was limping, but I couldn't see much wrong, and as she had just got up, I thought she had just stiffened up.

Lunchtime she was three-legged.

When I got home from work there was no change, and she appeared to be in some discomfort.

Unfortunately, Dean was not working so I had to see one of the other vets, a woman whose name I instantly forgot. I explained what had happened this morning, that she was ok to start with but after play seemed to have sustained an injury of some kind, hence the limping. I went to some length.

She then turned to me as if I hadn't even spoken and said "when did this happen?" I asked her if she had listened to a single word I had said....... by this time I was seriously p*ssed off. She said sorry, she was typing it into the computer. I nearly said "go and effing read it, then!" but managed to restrain myself - just.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I have a diagnosis of maybe her hip, maybe her upper leg...... and 5 days of NSAIDs.

I have no faith in what she said, my dog is in a lot of pain - she even has to be carried into the garden to pee - and I'm out at a meeting all effing day tomorrow.

I could scream, I really could.

Rant sort of over......

x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Poor Mya, I can understand you being so cross with the Vet, I would be too.
Hoping Mya is better soon.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Awwww mate, poor Mya! That vet wants a slap too! I hope she feels better soon. xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:46 PM
Vicki, it is one of those weeks for you and no mistake, Mya may surprise you and be fine by the morning, or at least a bit better as it got worse over a couple of hours or so I should think it was soft tissue damage and the pain will ease with the help of the meds you have been given (sold). Well I hope in 24 hours or so she will be feeling better than she does now and if she does then you will too.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:47 PM
No wonder you are mad

Hope the NSAIDs work and she is on all four feet tomorrow (((hugs))) on their way
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh Vicki, why does it always happen like that?
We swapped vets last March time and by th end of July the vets knew us by name and the receptionist knew my voice when I phoned for an appointment...italways seems that as soon as you are there with one, you are there with another.
Big husg to both of you, hope her leg improves.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh no Vicki Never rains but pours eh? Know what you mean about vets, a new locum treated my two for the kc and looked at D's foot and put the fear of god into me saying it needed surgery but would have to wait for his bronchitis to go... well went back to see our own vet and he said no he had dermatitis due to constant licking as he probably trod on a sharp stone needless to say D is now better
Sending Mya ((((HUGE HUGS)))) for a speedy recovery and a huge bottle of virtual vodka for you
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh, Vicki, your lot have certainly been in the wars recently! Poor Mya, hope she's better soon.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Grrr I just hate it when you end up seeing a vet like that..poor Mya, I hope she feels better soon,and poor you, its bad enough worrying about them without being treated like that.

Big hugs xxx
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 09:24 PM
sounds just like it is here vicki, 1 dog gets ill then another falls ill with something straight after, hugs to you huni.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »