Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 12:39 AM

clicker training

does anyone else use this? i have started to use it and i am finding it is working really well!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 09:14 AM
sorry no. But I have heard that it is useful. Glad it's going well for you great news
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I use a clicker for certain things - for example my dog wasn`t understanding when I was teaching Stand so I used it for that. A really good book is The Power of Positive Dog Training by Pat Miller, which takes you through how to use the clicker to train your dog.
The process is simple - you click and immediately treat the dog (give a tit-bit) until it associates the noise with the reward. Then when the dog does the action you want, you click! Then you can use it for shaping the behaviour (the steps on the way to what you want, but you really need to read up on that.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi Mistyblue,
Both of mine have been trained with Clickers, they love it, my kids like to do it with the dogs aswell.

A great book to read is Karen Pryors Clicker training For Dogs, it starts at the basics and then takes you through to intermediate level.
A great couple of clicker sites are
http://www.clickerlessons.com/index.htm and
http://www.clickertraining.com

I find it fun, and my two enjoy it.

Have fun.xx