View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:46 AM
I LOVE lilys kitchen, it is incredibly expensive so i feed it along with other foods but Penelope really loves it.
The meat percentage is pretty high, around 70% I think and I personally think dogs benefit from some fruit, veg and carbs as well which it has in small amounts.

They only have 1 flavour for puppies I think, Penelope is 9 months old, I just bought all the adult flavours.

Penelope has always had loose poo and allergy problems too, after 1 meal of lilys we had normal poo!

I would really recommend it.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:05 AM
I only feed puppy food for the first few months and then change to junior. I then change to adult sometime between a year and 18 months, depending on when I run out of junior! I feed Arden Grange kibble plus their tinned Partners.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:43 AM
If you feed a good quality food you don't need to feed puppy food, the main difference is the protein levels and with some dogs it can higher protein can make they grow too quickly. When I first got Tilly she was 20 weeks old, I went to get some puppy food but something stopped me, I started to feed her on the same food as the others, Burgess Sensitive. The pound and rescue thought she was a Whippet/Terrier, she isn't, she is a Greyhound/Belgian Malinois but hadn't been fed properly which stunted her growth, by feeding her a good adult food she was able to grow at a pace she could cope with. She had her first and only season at 15 months old and finished growing shortly afterwards. My oldie Gracie was still eating Burgess Sensitive when she was pts aged 17.5 years old, she was still full of life, lots of energy and loved to run and play.

When looking for a dog food I look at the ingredients, first I look for the cereals then at how many ingredients there are. I won't touch the food if it has corn in or if there is a long list of ingredients, the more ingredients the more additives and E numbers in which can affect our dogs as they do children.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2013, 11:20 AM
You are obviously going to a lot of trouble to find the right dog for you new dog - he is very lucky!

If you want dry, take a look at the Fish4Dogs range. For wet, I get Nature's Harvest or Naturediet.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 01:50 PM
My point exactly about Lily's kitchen, you can do it for far far less yourself!!!!
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
My point exactly about Lily's kitchen, you can do it for far far less yourself!!!!
You probably could make it cheaper but who has the time to cook a full meal for their family, then another full meal for the dog on top of housework, childcare and probably a full time job as well.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:06 PM
We fed Betty puppy food until she was 20 weeks then went onto a small breed/bite food. Never used Lilys kitchen as she seems fine on James Welbeloved which Mollie likes. But it looks like a good food.

Some of us don't feed raw for many different reasons, so don't feel pressured into doing it if it isn't for you.
Bonfire
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
You probably could make it cheaper but who has the time to cook a full meal for their family, then another full meal for the dog on top of housework, childcare and probably a full time job as well.
Agreed. Not me!
Bonfire
New Member!
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks to all for the advice, and info

Originally Posted by Julie View Post
We fed Betty puppy food until she was 20 weeks then went onto a small breed/bite food. Never used Lilys kitchen as she seems fine on James Welbeloved which Mollie likes. But it looks like a good food.

Some of us don't feed raw for many different reasons, so don't feel pressured into doing it if it isn't for you.
Thank you

Originally Posted by jantet View Post
You are obviously going to a lot of trouble to find the right dog for you new dog - he is very lucky!

If you want dry, take a look at the Fish4Dogs range. For wet, I get Nature's Harvest or Naturediet.
Yeah, I do tend to research things to the extreme: did the same when I was pregnant, just spent 9 months reading about everything!

Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
I LOVE lilys kitchen, it is incredibly expensive so i feed it along with other foods but Penelope really loves it.
The meat percentage is pretty high, around 70% I think and I personally think dogs benefit from some fruit, veg and carbs as well which it has in small amounts.

They only have 1 flavour for puppies I think, Penelope is 9 months old, I just bought all the adult flavours.

Penelope has always had loose poo and allergy problems too, after 1 meal of lilys we had normal poo!

I would really recommend it.
Thank you! and I agree with you
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2