Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:23 PM

GSD lame behind

This evening, sadie has been limping quite drastically behind.

Thinking back, she hasnt been 'right' in about a month or so, she hasnt been lame at all just not had the same zest around agility courses. A couple of times i have seen her move in either walk or trot and she hasnt looked completely level, then i look again and she is fine. She has also been a bit quieter than normal on walks, but none of these things really stood out as needing a vet visit as i just thought she was finally growing up!

Poor girl is quite uncomfortable
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
This evening, sadie has been limping quite drastically behind.

Thinking back, she hasnt been 'right' in about a month or so, she hasnt been lame at all just not had the same zest around agility courses. A couple of times i have seen her move in either walk or trot and she hasnt looked completely level, then i look again and she is fine. She has also been a bit quieter than normal on walks, but none of these things really stood out as needing a vet visit as i just thought she was finally growing up!

Poor girl is quite uncomfortable
Have you considered an osteo or chiro (after discussing with your vet)?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 05:27 PM
I should have added we will be off to the vets tomorrow

I'll consider anything that will help make her feel better
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Could it be a cruciate problem? Just pondering as Ozzy (my previous Rottie) had an intermittent lameness, that was almost imperceptible at first, but gradually worsened?

You do right going to the vet, could be something totally innocuous and nothing to worry over. Best to have them check it out. Best wishes for the vet visit xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Poor Sadie. I hope the vet gets to the root of the problem and that the lameness isn't anything to worry about.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Hmmm, well vet has suggested a knock so gave her an anti inflammatory injection and advised rest for a week and back if it doesnt improve.
Its been a few days now and although she is not definitely lame on it, she is quite stiff when getting up from her bed and first thing in the morning.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Hmmm, well vet has suggested a knock so gave her an anti inflammatory injection and advised rest for a week and back if it doesnt improve.
Its been a few days now and although she is not definitely lame on it, she is quite stiff when getting up from her bed and first thing in the morning.
Aww I hope he is right and she is back to herself next week

There was a great chiro lady at the last few agility shows - she gave some great advice to my friends dog who has had loads of problems with his back end - might be worth a nosy just to see