Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 03:20 PM

Neutering

Do you think more people would get it done if the cost was cheaper ?

I wouldn't,I like to keep my dogs entire unless there is an underlying medical issue that mean't either spaying(as in the case of Meg) or castrating.

Do you think more accidental litters would be avoided,if it was cheaper to neuter ?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 03:24 PM
There are plenty of cheap places to get pets neutered, its cheap enough in my opinion.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 03:26 PM
No, I don't think reducing the price would achieve anything at all. "I can't afford it" is just an excuse and a pretty poor one at that.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
There are plenty of cheap places to get pets neutered, its cheap enough in my opinion.
Thanks Dawn,
I did actually think about that as I was doing the thread
I thought about the mayhew animal home who did,not sure if they still do offer free neutering for SBT's.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Agree with the others, dont think dropping the price would encourage people to have it done!!!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I think as Labradork says, people would always find a reason not to anyway. I think there are a lot of people who shouldn't have entire dogs, as they can't keep them under control, but they probably shouldn't have ANY dogs! As for me, I will be keeping mine intact for showing and breeding. Rio will probably be spayed eventually when she retires. Dan will keep his jewels as long as they don't cause him any trouble.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I think that it is hard to say......
If I had a dog and was not going to breed it then I would automatically have it neutered.........
But that is me.......hard to say if in general people are put off by the price.....
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2009, 10:07 AM
I suppose it might depend where you live, but I don't think neutering is very expensive to do as it stands.
I don't think reducing the price will make any difference either.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 09:59 AM
i think some people would get it done if it was cheaper, but some do just use the price as an excuse. but i think some genuine find the price too much, and therefore dont see it as something they should get done to save that money.

i think the price is a lot for a neuter or spay, but i dont think it is too much for what it is, if that makes sense lol. but when i got both jake and sam from the sspca, they did the neuters. so if people get rescues, they will get neutering with it.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Some people are more sensitive to costs than others. I am sure if it was easy to find a cheaper place, some people would that otherwise might not. And they might also be the kind of people least careful about letting their pets run.

Yes, I am sure cheaper neutering would mean fewer accidental litters. A big difference? My guess is not.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >