View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Every where she can. To pet stores, on long walks, on hikes, to visit relatives, to outside patios at restaurants that allow dogs. She's even been on stage while we performed. I wish I could bring her more places, but dogs are not allowed many places over here.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I'm intrigued!! What on earth is a "licky hill"?
The Lickey Hills are just before Bromsgrove, a huge area of woods, visitors cafes, kids play areas, hills and a golf course and hours of great walking..........usually packed though on sunny days
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Ted dosen't travel particularly well and with his reactivity to other dogs i don't particularly take him out with me. He's been on holiday with me several times staying in a hotel and regularly at my nan's caravan which he has always been fine with. He went on my uncle and aunties canal boat for the day and apart from barking at the swans he did well. Last year i took him to Cornwall for a week which was lovely and we did most of the dog friendly tourist bits. But i was on my own and luckily found an apartment that i could leave him alone for a couple of hours so i could do some shopping and bits otherwise i wouldn't have gone he would be far to stressed left in the car while i went and got grocerys etc. It was also at the end of September so a quieter time of year

Normally if i we go out for the day i will go somewhere we can go for a long walk and take a packed lunch. We have stopped at a couple of pubs on the way back from a walk and sat outside with him and he's just slept under the table. I've taken him a few times to the sunday market on the way back from a walk normally just to get one or two things. Its usually early so quiet and he's never been a problem before but the last time a bloke with a weimaraner on a flexi let him get right in Teds face and he kicked off and i haven't bothered since.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
The Lickey Hills are just before Bromsgrove, a huge area of woods, visitors cafes, kids play areas, hills and a golf course and hours of great walking..........usually packed though on sunny days
Aha, its a brummy thing, I see!!

The woody and hilly bits sound great, not sure about the rest, I'll have to google them.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Aha, its a brummy thing, I see!!

The woody and hilly bits sound great, not sure about the rest, I'll have to google them.
Ahhh do, its worth the walking...I love it when the snow is down the trees and everything look wonderful and the dogs love the deep drifts
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Ahhh do, its worth the walking...I love it when the snow is down the trees and everything look wonderful and the dogs love the deep drifts
Thanx!

I'm off to bed now, nite one n'all x
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Day to day my dog gets walked around where I live. He also visits my nan's flat in an elderly care home.

I did once take him camping for two days in the new forrest with my sisters husky which was fun. Ocasionally I'll drive him to a dog park whats not to far.
david richardso
New Member!
Male 

02-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I was just thinking about this the other day. I know there are some dogs who literally never leave the house, there are others who only ever see their block and on the other end of the spectrum, dogs who go literally everywhere with their owners...
Where do your dogs go with you?
These last 2 weeks alone, Axel has been on the train to Macclesfield, Shrewsbury, Warwick and Nuneaton from Wolverhampton. He's been on buses and stayed over at my friends house in Preston, my sisters house and my Mum's house.
Other times it's quieter for us and he'll have his walks in the local area and be at home. I'm lucky that he adapts well and is happy whereever he goes so long as he's with us.
Do your dogs enjoy going everywhere and anywhere with you? Or do they prefer staying at home or only places they know?
Just interested to hear about different dogs and what they like/are comfortable with in terms of busy places/quiet places, etc.
Our leonberger goes with us everywhere that allows dogs: We tend to stay in self catering cottages, but she has been in lots of hotels, on boats, in pubs, cafes etc: A couple of years ago we asked if we could take her into a pub in Scotland, and were told "Yes, that's fine as long as it doesn't smoke". The Queen allows dogs even in the formal gardens at Balmoral, so she has been there. I tend not to take her into shops though, cos a sweep of her tail can neatly clear a whole shelf!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5