Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shelly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2005, 03:20 PM

Getting it off my chest......

On Tuesday night I took in a stray persian cat. It had kept appearing in our garden over the past few weeks but wouldn't let me anywhere near it. Anyway we were sat outside on Tuesday night and it came to me miaowing. I took it inside and its coat was all matted, Full of fleas and starving. I phoned our local vets who had no record of a missing persian and they advised me to call the RSPCA and the Cats Protection Legue. Which I did. I got a recorded message from the RSPCA suggesting if I had found a stray cat that I should request there leaflet concerning stray cats. I phones the cats protection league who used to cover my area and was told It was now covered by someone else. They were totally un-helpful and very flippant. I then phoned the correct phone number for the cats protection league got an answer phone message so I left a message and I still haven't heard from them!!! I was also advised by a vetinary nurse that the RSPCA would also tell me to re-release the cat if it wasn't injured. So the next day I phoned around all the vets in our area and finally came across one that had a log of a missing persian. THis story does have a happy ending.... The cat had been missing since April and has now been re-united with its family. But still no call from the cats protection league!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Thats brilliant Shelley, thanks to you the poor cat has gone back where it belong...good on you..The CPL..the one time I phoned about a stray they were not very helpful....
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2005, 03:25 PM
I bet the family were really pleased to have their cat back due to your hard work and no one elses.
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2005, 04:06 PM
what a lovely ending for the cat well done you for caring
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

10-06-2005, 05:02 PM
thank goodness you managed to find the family I bet they were so relieved to find their cat alive - but I know what you mean about trying to get help with a stray cat - its near impossible I've been through that a few times myself - you just can't take no for an answer and keep trying to get the help - it can be so frustrating
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Good on you shelly! glad the cat is home!
Claire&Jay
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
I had exactly the same treatment from the CPl a couple of years ago still waiting for them to get back to me!!!!
Shelly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Claire&Jay
I had exactly the same treatment from the CPl a couple of years ago still waiting for them to get back to me!!!!
I couldn't believe the CPL, It has made me worry now that if ever my cat went missing it might prove difficult to find her. The cats family were so relieved when they came to pick him up, They thought he was dead.
Well at least it turned out ok in the end even if the chartities that are meant to help didn't.Well I won't be holdind my breathe!