Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 10:36 AM

Dog Behaviour, Evolution & Cognition by Adam Miklosi

I just wondered if anyone has read/bought this book? I see that it's on offer at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Behaviour-Ev...199545669#noop
& I'm considering ordering it. I've been interested in the work of Miklosi, Csanyi & Topal for years & they seem to be doing some interesting research on dog-human interactions. Does anyone else follow their research?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi, I have it Wilbar!

I have followed a fair bit of their research. I like the book, but it's always hard to recommend a book as not everyone likes the same type of book, but I found it interesting.

Wys
x
seaimsk
New Member!
Male 

17-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Miklosi goes beyond summarizing experimental results to also comment and reflect on their meaning. The work is punctuated with segues that introduce conceptual and methodological questions. These thoughtful commentaries, as well as the occasional historical context provided, are among the highlights of the book."--Quarterly Review of Biology.

papered
registered
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks Wys & seaimsk ~ good to have some posiitive comments. I think you've persuaded me ~ now off to Amazon
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Thanks Wys & seaimsk ~ good to have some posiitive comments. I think you've persuaded me ~ now off to Amazon
Good move!

Wys
x