Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 10:39 AM

Freedom Project - Day Two

Our first full day with A went really well. Bryan and A started to play properly. They haven't fought over toys - fingers crossed - and seem to be getting on really well.

A was really funny last night. I think in her last home she was allowed to sleep on the bed as she keeps jumping up there. Bryan already sleeps some of the night on the bed and there's no room for 2 dogs so A isn't allowed up. At about midnight last night she woke me up by jumping on the bed. I sat up and told her to get off. She dived round the back of me and went head first under the covers! She's such a big snuggle bum! But she gets off the bed when I tell her and knows the command 'Get in your bed'. She woke me up maybe 3 times in total last night, but each time I told her to get in her bed and she did.

A managed to hold on all night last night until Richard got home from work. Then she did a pee downstairs. I think she may have been excited about Richard coming home. So tomorrow morning he's going to let them out as soon as he gets back from work. We walked the dogs at 6.30 again this morning and met a rottie, a 14 year old dog (which I thought was a GSD puppy!) and 2 shar-peis.

Today will be the first time we leave the dogs at home together, just for an hour while I go to the doctors. I went in the bath yesterday evening while Richard went shopping so they were left alone together for about half an hour. That went fine so thereshouldn't be any problems today. However, I'm going to put A in her crate just to be safe.

She's a very powerful chewer so I had to ring my project worker today to ask her to bring the toughest toys she has. I'll have to swap her for the ones she left on Wednesday because A will eat them all in about 2 minutes. Apart from one toy which is a tyre shape and is very solid.

I think she has a bit of an ear infection as she's been scratching and shaking her head today and I can see a bit of brown wax in her right ear. I cleaned it using Bryan's ear cleaner, but we'll get the vet to take a look. She's also got a red eye and a few little scrapes and grazes on her belly and legs (I think they may have been caused by her harness). I've ordered a no-pull harness, the same as Bryan's more or less.

So, touch wood, everything is going fine. I got a bit more sleep last night. Both the dogs are sleeping now (for a change!). They enjoyed lying out in the garden yesterday in the sun so when I get back from the doctors I'll let them go back in the garden.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I had to laugh at A diving under the covers (Just like the Lab we had many years ago) and yes for the first few times put her in the cage as a safety precaution. You'll soon know if there's been any mayhem while you were out. Our two are also too big to get on the bed, 'tho they try on New Years Eve when the firworks scare the hell out of them!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Sounds like things are going along well...