Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-10-2012, 01:06 AM

YUMOVE Young & Active

Just spotted this new Yumove product designed for under 7 year old dogs ...

http://www.lintbells.com/online-stor...e-young-active

What do people think of its contents ?

Glucosamine HCl# 125mg

Green Lipped Mussel * 180mg

Zinc sulphate 20mg

Hyaluronic Acid 1.5mg

Manganese 5mg

Vitamin C 15mg

Vitamin E 2.5mg

# Glucosamine HCl is the purest form available (99.8% pure)

* Green Lipped Mussel provides natural Chondrotin, unique Omega 3's (including ETA) and is a rich source of glycosaminoglycans, amino acids and minerals
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 07:10 AM
I might use this when I get my new pup instead of putting it straight onto Yumove
BentleyBoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi I thought id ask this here rather than starting a new thread.

Bentley currently has Dorwest herbs Glucosamine/Chronditin (sorry sp!) tabs - half of one daily.

Getting near the end of the pot now and looking to change him onto a different kind. The Dorwest tabs aren't flavoured or anything like that and he always picks it out of his food so I have to open his mouth and put it down his throat.. which is just a faf lol. Would much rather one he'd just eat like a treat.. lazy me I know lol!!!

Yumove are flavoured aren't they? Smokeybear you seem to no your stuff... do you think they are as good as/better than the Dorwest ones? I don't understand the ingredients lol.

Or are there any other ones worth considering? Have looked at Vetzyme flexible joint tabs also because he had these in past and they seemed ok... but worried coz they were so cheap that they werent very good lol!!!

Was recommended mobile Bones but i have always been told to avoid maize with Westies and I think mobile bones comes as a maize powder??

Boo doesnt have any joint probs/issues... i just give them as a precaution because he is classed as senior now, 9yo.

Thanks!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Yumove are tasty for dogs, I think they are better than Dorwest, and vetzyme
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Will be interested to see how you get on. I've just started feeding the fish4dogs superior diet which contains the green lipped mussels and spirulina within the diet. I used to try and feed the chondroitin separately but he was quick to spit it out. The actual levels will differ between tablets and encased within a diet I know but for now, I feel as though I'm doing my bit.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2012, 10:12 PM
When I asked Lintbells, they said it was for "young dogs with joint problems". Jinty has Yumove working dog and I'm quite happy to stick to that.
jhlintbells
New Member!
Male 

24-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi. John Howie from Lintbells here. Murf asked me to pop a quick post up to explain what makes our new Yumove Young & Active better for younger dogs. In essence, the joint problems suffered by younger dogs tend to be different from those in older dogs, so we're addressing them differently.

In older dogs, joint problems are usually associated with wear & tear, leading to the onset of arthritis & stiffness. So in older dogs, we're looking to tackle wear & tear with glucosamine (the principle building block of joint tissues), lubricate the joint with hyaluronic acid and alleviate the associated stiffness with green lipped mussel.

In younger dogs, joint problems are generally associated either with rapid periods of growth putting strain on ligaments & tendons, or with injury (cruciate ligaments, etc). Therefore, the requirements are more about relieving discomfort, and supporting the rapid growth & repair of joint tissues.

So the main differences between Yumove Young & Active and standard Yumove are as follows:
1. 20% more Green Lipped Mussel - this is there to help reduce the discomfort experienced in younger dog joint problems. GLM is also a good source of glycosaminoglycans - the building blocks of joint tissues.
2. 66% more Manganese and added Zinc - these two minerals play a key role in tissue repair & growth. The demand for these is high in younger dogs.
3. 20% more Vitamin C & 5x more Vitamin E - these antioxidants play an important role in mopping up the free radicals produced during exercise which can damage the joint over time. Young & Active dogs tend to be exercising a lot so producing lots of free radicals, so we increase the level of antioxidants to take account of this.
4. We've reduced the level of Glucosamine in Yumove Young & Active as younger dogs are still producing their own glucosamine (whereas it tails off in older dogs so they need more).

If you'd like to try a sample of Yumove Young & Active, we have some available now. Just call 01462 790886 or email info@lintbells.com with your details.

Best wishes
John
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I have samples on the way ,thank you for the info ,
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Samples arrived and Ozzie ate them from my hand ,which is a bonus ....
I may well place an order ...:>