Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2012, 08:12 AM

Yumove

Just looking into getting Cookie some more yumove and visited the website to find maybe 6 different varieties.
I am interested in what each one does, but mainly if they all contain the same as the original.
I looked at the yumove plus and it says it's for skin conditions and contains extra this and that but nothing about whether or not it is still suitable for muscular problems. (Cookie has allergies which cause itchy skin and at the moment has what the vet thinks are bed sores due to lack of walking, I'm not convinced.)
Cookie also has stomach issues so the BioActiv may be beneficial as well, but I don't want to start pumping him full of even more stuff as the vet has him on a right concoction at the moment.
Then there is the salmon oil, he has been on fish 4 dogs salmon oil before but other than really enjoying it (only way he would take metacam) I haven't food a good reason to get some more in when he finished it off. I have taken him off his metacam now as it isn't doing anything for his pain and was making him irritable (with flaring up stomach issues), after of course talking to the vet.

Any idea about these products?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Are you confusing Yumove for joints with Yumega for coat?
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Ahh is the Yumove Plus stuff just for coats???

Is the working dog Yumove better than standard?
I'm getting some Yumove tonight (well a family member is bringing it home from the vets she works at) so very excited and will be getting shut of all the boots glucosamine (no vit e in them and not sure just how much glucosamine and how much other rubbish).
Hoping this will help ease his pain.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Theres only two types of Yumove;

Yumove and

Yumove working dog

The working dog variety contains a probiotic and the same amount of everything else as the normal one and is available in a wonderful big pot.

They also do a probiotic, and a skin oil, but they have different names. Maybe this is where you are getting confused
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
Ahh is the Yumove Plus stuff just for coats???

Is the working dog Yumove better than standard?
I'm getting some Yumove tonight (well a family member is bringing it home from the vets she works at) so very excited and will be getting shut of all the boots glucosamine (no vit e in them and not sure just how much glucosamine and how much other rubbish).
Hoping this will help ease his pain.
Yumove comes in two varieties

Yumove

Yumove Working Dog

The latter contains Beta Glucans which has a prebiotic effect in the gut etc.

If you join the Yumega Club you get discounts and as the Yumove is for working dogs there is no VAT on it.

It is what I use for my dog now.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Does it last a long time? As in does it expire or what ever, I will only be giving to my one dog, so the big tub would last quite a while.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Depends on the size of the dog as the tub contains 480 tablets and you will give 1 - 4 tablets a day according to the weight of your dog.

My current tub has an expiry date of October 2013.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Amazon had decent offers on Yumove ...
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Yay got some Yumove! And Cookie really likes them, OH says they stink but I can't smell anything because I'm full of cold.
First tablets in a long time that Cookie will eat without pouring fish oil all over it mixed in with his food!

They were 120 tablets for £18.50 (ish penny wise)
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Where do people buy their Working Dog Yumove from and what sizes do they come in please?

I'm using Yumove for Whisper in addition to Cetyl M.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >