Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I think... it all depends on what type of training.. I would say every min I spend with my dogs is a training opertunity... if they were to do something I felt worried about I wouldnt say.. oh it can wait untill the dogs a bit older.

maybe we should break down what we mean by training.. eg

I expect my dogs to come back first call, be fab round other dogs and live stock, sit/stay on command and that sort of stuff. To me thats just every day dog stuff.
training for me would be obed or similar
clicker training
Sorry I havent explained that well
I agreed with all the first part of what you said, but then i teach most of the first stuff with clicker training....so that's starts straight away with me. The only things i don't train with clicker training is being fab with other dogs of course! Like you this wass one of the most important things to start early with Tonks.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I agreed with all the first part of what you said, but then i teach most of the first stuff with clicker training....so that's starts straight away with me. The only things i don't train with clicker training is being fab with other dogs of course! Like you this wass one of the most important things to start early with Tonks.
lol I know what you mean.. As said I didnt really explain it well.. I start my pups at 8 weeks with the clicker, so see them as mini training sessions, even if Im only asking for a dog to look me in the eyes with the clicker,.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2