View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2016, 07:56 PM
All my dogs have quickly taught us mere humans to open and close doors on demand.....
Dinky Dillon
New Member!
Female 

31-12-2016, 12:15 PM
Briard...To intelligen, Dillon can runs rings round us when he whats to.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-12-2016, 03:53 PM
The Portuguese Water Dog"..........intelligent and wilful .....abundance in both !!
Dinky Dillon
New Member!
Female 

02-01-2017, 07:25 AM
Briard......Much to intelligent, I hate been out thought by a dog, and it happens to often in our house.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2017, 10:41 PM
I have Border Collie, often listed as top of lists for intelligence. He knows alot of language words such as 'behind, under, go round, where as well as names of things to find or pick up.

He's very good and biddable from a young age so not sure how much this affects some things for example, he's never attempted to get out of his crate even when I'd left door just shut door and not locked it, it was still there half an hour later. I'm not sure whether it was just cos I'd told him to go in as I'd had to nip out and he's generally very obedient or cos he hadn't worked out that I hadn't locked it and he could get out!

My previous dog was a lurcher and she was very smart but also very naughty! She could get herself out of her crate and was capable of learning things very fast but was very food orientated and sometimes needed encouragement (or bribing) with very tasty treats to get her to do things.

We used to enjoy doing simple toddler puzzles too like shape sorting and stacking toys, she was very good at them. My collie struggles to get the ring/shape over the post on stacking toys or line shapes up with the holes, unless its a toy with very large hole to drop item into (such as Nina Ottosson's Dog Box) ..all he ever wants to play is ball constantly, despite the fact I've always tried to introduce a wide range of different toys and games to him from a very young age.

I noticed with treat toys he'll bring them to me much sooner to get them out for him whereas Inca could work out how to get them all out herself. Not sure if thats him being lazy or smarter (realising I can get them out quicker if he pretends its stuck..lol!) then he can go back to his ball!
mirandashell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2017, 11:56 AM
My Jack Russell cross worked out how to open the fridge door. That was not fun. Smart but not fun.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3