Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mltrig
New Member!
Female 

14-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Dog is vomiting white foamy liquid

My dog is 6 months old and vomiting a white foamy liquid. I took him to the vet and he gave him some Drontal Plus. Is this type of vomitng a sympton of worms? How long until the Drontal takes affect?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 02:07 PM
how often has he done this? any particular times of day? what do you feed and when do you feed it?
did the vet see him being sick?
mltrig
New Member!
Female 

14-05-2010, 02:20 PM
He vomits 2-4 times a day. I am feeding him Flint River Ranch, supposedly a good food.

The vet has not seen him vomit. I feed him in the morning and the evening. Is there some significance to white foamy vomit? Either that or it is milky-clear.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I`d go back and talk to your vet. My dogs sometimes have upset tums and eat grass, then bring up froth with the grass. It could possibly be that, but then it is a symptom of a digestive problem - could be feeding, could be lots of things. Have you spoken to your vet about the vomiting?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I agree to head back to your vet
The reason I was asking about feeding is because empty tummies can give foamy vom
Espesh if it is first thing in the morning or before evening feeding - if that is the case you could go back to 3 feeds a day and give a wee bedtime bickie
2 - 3 times a day is too much to be being sick - bug the vet!
BrendaMarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:56 AM
Is your dog drinking too much too fast? I know Jessie used to for about four years... I asked my vet and watched her closely and we determined that i shouldn't give her a big bowl of water all at once... it was usually foam that she puked, and she's always been healthy in every other way
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2010, 12:26 PM
If it's quite a regular occurrence, which it sounds like it is from what you've said, then I strongly suspect worms! Don't be surprised if you have to worm again in two week's time or you're given some ab's either. I had the same with my puppy when she was about the same age. Listen to your vet, he sounds like he's onto it imo.