Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2007, 09:53 AM

warning to "fighting breed" owners

I want to post here a word of caution for all those who have dogs from a "fighting" breed as pets.A friend of me who is a professional doghandler in the army and a decoy and dog trainer in his spare time with malinois is also a lover of amstaffs. This is a verry capable and experienced guy who had had dogs all his life and champion amstaffs for over a decade. Last week he made one mistake which resulted in a fight between 2 off his dogs. Although they are raised as pets (no agression etc) the female killed the male in a mater of seconds. These dogs are created to kill and should be taken serious. please don't mix these dogs with other dogs and/or children

Greetings

Johan
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Dont get me started........
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:04 AM
hi Helen, I think a lot of us on here are aware of the dangers that CAN happen
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:07 AM
american staffs can make just as good a pet as any other dog breed,dogs arent born bad,ant dogs can fight till the death,what mistake did he make?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:07 AM
hi helen thanx for the warning
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:18 AM
OMG!!!!!!!! i cant believe you have said that

You can tell my 5 yr old little girl she can no longer play with her best friend coz i aint!!!!!!!!
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2007, 10:39 AM
I too, would be very interested to find out what the "mistake" was that this person made. All dog owners need to be responsible when their dogs are around other dogs, or children, not just dogs originally bred for fighting.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Here is my "Chinese Fighting Dog" savaging my little girl.........

SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Heldengebroed View Post
I want to post here a word of caution for all those who have dogs from a "fighting" breed as pets.A friend of me who is a professional doghandler in the army and a decoy and dog trainer in his spare time with malinois is also a lover of amstaffs. This is a verry capable and experienced guy who had had dogs all his life and champion amstaffs for over a decade. Last week he made one mistake which resulted in a fight between 2 off his dogs. Although they are raised as pets (no agression etc) the female killed the male in a mater of seconds. These dogs are created to kill and should be taken serious. please don't mix these dogs with other dogs and/or children

Greetings

Johan

All dog owner needs to be aware of the possible dangers that you have mentioned, but this is not something that applies to any particular breed of dog.
Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2007, 10:49 AM
First off all i agree that all dog owners should be responsible with thier dogs. I have had dogs all my life and have never heard of dogs in the same pack that know each other for years fight to the death. They fight for play or rank but within limits. My friends dogs didn't they wnet to kill each other and the female won. The mistake made was a food spill from his 14 year old son. no more than that.

Greetings

Johan
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »