Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Camps76
New Member!
Male 

28-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Hello from Canada

Hi everyone, my name is Joe and join this community from Toronto, Canada

I have always been a dog lover and animal lover in general but have never owned a dog. Have always wanted to but timing has never been good. Currently in the process of adopting a Boston Terrier (male) with my GF and should be coming home in June! We can't wait...

Very scary as well for both of us, a little anxiety LOL! but it will be fun! I hope to learn a lot from the forum and other owners here and I am sure I will have a ton of questions myself as I already do but will search the forums for answers first!

If anyone has any tips, I am listening & Reading!
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2017, 01:57 PM
Hi, welcome.and good luck with the new member of your family.
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2017, 05:26 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey . Lots of fun times ahead for you with your new dog.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Camps76 View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Joe and join this community from Toronto, Canada

I have always been a dog lover and animal lover in general but have never owned a dog. Have always wanted to but timing has never been good. Currently in the process of adopting a Boston Terrier (male) with my GF and should be coming home in June! We can't wait...

Very scary as well for both of us, a little anxiety LOL! but it will be fun! I hope to learn a lot from the forum and other owners here and I am sure I will have a ton of questions myself as I already do but will search the forums for answers first!

If anyone has any tips, I am listening & Reading!
I had to look up Boston Terrier. Not a breed I'm familiar with. But then again it isn't my thing. I can spot a Dalmation, a Poodle or the more common breeds.

From what I have read, the Boston is a pretty good all rounder. It's fairly compact. And you may need to be prepared to give it a lot of exercise. And enough activities to keep it engaged.
Camps76
New Member!
Male 

01-05-2017, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
I had to look up Boston Terrier. Not a breed I'm familiar with. But then again it isn't my thing. I can spot a Dalmation, a Poodle or the more common breeds.

From what I have read, the Boston is a pretty good all rounder. It's fairly compact. And you may need to be prepared to give it a lot of exercise. And enough activities to keep it engaged.
Oh yes beautiful dogs! Can be quite active as well. We are outdoorsy so we hope this wont pose too much of a challenge. I'll be honest, when I was first searching for a dog I didn't bat an eye at the BT and thought I was going after a German Pinscher! But my girlfriend had pointed it out a few times and a few co-workers as well and after looking more into the breed and our lifestyle I was hooked!

We are going to visit the breeder on Sunday and see the little guys which will be 3 weeks old.