Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
masonp
New Member!
Male 

21-03-2017, 02:39 PM

Red Infected paws for months

Looking for anyone who may have experienced this with their dogs. My dog, Cash is a boston terrier with a history of allergies and has been on Apoquel for about a year now which was helping pretty good until about 6 months ago and he started really chewing on his paws, turning them red and swollen and infected. We got antibiotics and it went away, then it came back…..more antibiotics….same cycle about 4 more times. Tried a new vet who gave us a steroid pill to take which brought all the swelling and inflammation down right away, and another round of antibiotics. They also scraped for mites, came back negative. Still came back….changed to hypoallergenic diet and started seeing a holistic vet. She gave me an essential oil combo to add to a foot bath for him. Did that routine…..no change….then she gave me more antibiotics and an antihistamine……STILL NOTHING! She thinks it may be tiny cactus spores lodged their way into his paws and wants to go in surgically. I don’t want to put him under unless COMPLETELY necessary, so maybe anyone out there has had this problem and has some tips or something we haven’t thought of yet? We are going back to our first vet tomorrow to see if maybe it’s a fungus (even tho holistic vet says it doesn’t look like one-but it does kinda to us…i don’t know). Totally feeling overwhelmed and any tips or ideas are so welcome. Thank you!

Also there is a tiny hole in the middle of his webbing in one of his paws…..wtf is that??? Anyone have any clues??

here are pics

http://imgur.com/a/Zu1Nw