register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 12:54 AM
Oh I'm so glad you've let us know what happened and how you found your new friend. The piccie hasn't come up, you need to either use photo bucket or use the attach files facility at the bottom of the reply box ( if you scroll down you'll see it)
Is everything back on an evening keel for you now, worldwide and family wide as well as personally.
Am just off to sleep now, so will hope to see piccies in the morning
jaimelicious
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2016, 01:04 AM
I think I've fixed it tawneywolf... well, maybe.

Things are going to be really bad for quite a while yet, tbh. I hate sounding so ... helpless, that's not me at all, but realistically I can't affect most of the problems I'm currently dealing with, just mop up the consequences as best I can. I've discovered that brushing the dog helps us both chill out, so Baxter may well be the silkiest doggie in the area for quite some time to come! The first week he was here, my husband was working lates - starting at 4pm, getting home around 3am - and Baxter and I spent the whole week watching Arrow blu-rays and getting rid of all his dead hair. Did us both good. He's a tennis ball nutter as well, so I have fun flinging them all over the house and watching him trot around hoarding them.

When it all started to fall apart, I was thinking to myself, oh bugger, this was *not* a good time to take on a new responsibility - but I'm not taking Baxter back... my timing sucks. But actually it was the best thing I could've had right then. Throwing myself into settling him in and starting training and the learning curve I've had myself have kept me in shouting distance of sanity, and hopefully, they'll continue to do so - Dave (husband), Baxter and I will look after each other and the outside world can go boil it's head XD
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2016, 01:28 AM
Hi Jaime - Wonderful that DT Denton managed to fix you up with your new friend. Sounds like times have been tough but you're getting through it!
Baxter looks great - I hope you have many happy years together.
Happy New Year - sounds like you could do with one. G.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Life has a habit of throwing everything at us at once, but I'm so pleased for you that Baxter was mixed in with that avalanche of bad things. That one little bit of good sounds as though he truly is your light at the end of the tunnel.

He's lovely and I hope you have many happy years together. Onwards and upwards xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Years ago my stress buster was my horse, now I'm no longer able to ride, my girls offer me the same relief, so I can quite understand how Baxter has come into your life at exactly the right time, even though it was 'wrong' in terms of theory, practically it was right. You'll be working on training him to walk with your chair, sorting out his fear of other dogs, although you'll never be able to 'solve' it just begin to be able to manage it, and once you have his trust things will improve every day.
As LG says, hope this New Year brings you better than the old one
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2016, 10:19 AM
Wishing you and Baxter a really happy 2016. I hope everything in your life works out just fine, and he becomes your perfect companion. He looks a lovely boy.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm sorry to hear of all that has happened to you and your family.

About your job , have you had any advice from a union rep or there are centres you can get legal advice. That's sounds very unfair.

Baxter is gorgeous and I''m glad he has helped you .
I must admit to times when I have been down and the only reason I got out of bed was because of my dog .
They are life savers.
jaimelicious
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-01-2016, 01:34 AM
Thanks for all the New Year's and good wishes. Hopefully, at least one of the problems should start resolving soon - my mom can weight-bear on her broken leg again and is over the moon

Tawneywolf, I used to have a horse and ride as well, and that got me through an awful lot. Nothing like a horse for cuddles! (although he did object to me thawing out my hands by sticking them down his rug in winter). Baxter gives me very much the same positives - I get active, out, and caring for another living being, a rescued one as both dog and horse were/are especially - helps me get my head out of my posterior and get some perspective.

Baxter and I are getting on wonderfully, he's currently drooling on my lap while I balance my laptop on the sofa arm and type with one hand, LOL.

G'night, folks and take care.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-01-2016, 09:42 AM
Yep the girls are the only reason that got me out there this morning skipping beds out, sweeping up and making sure they ate before I did, otherwise I wouldn't have moved for a good while
Can you tell me if you are anywhere near Newton Heath or if not, very roughly the area of Oldham you are in, I have friends that end, who will be of great help to both of you as regards training.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Nice looking guy and best wishes with your new family member.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >