Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Accredited Breeder Scheme a load of rubbish and not worth the paper it's written on the KC wants to get this sortred out,but I really don't think they will. As Shona says another way of making money.
Totally agree, my friends just become one and shes says it was a waste of money, they wont register the litter unless they have dna on fie but they dont bother about health checks.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I'd like to say I'm surprised Becky, but sadly I'm not. there are still plenty of people out there that think so long as they get the acreditation, they can breed as many as they like The irony is that half the time, they are the first to condemn puppy farms and consider themselves as responsible breeders (well this is in my experience of a few individuals, that is)
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 02:47 PM
As if they don't make enough with all the registration fee's.
Accredited breeder scheme's don't make me laugh.
Registered puppy farmer's.
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 03:19 PM
We had a rep at our AGM last week talking about the scheme - they will register from bitches at 12 months, non health tested dogs etc etc BUT if we report "offenders" they will look into it - he actually said that they want breed clubs etc to "police" it and report people .....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
There was an article this month in one of the dog magazines about it. Apparently the KC would prefer the health tests done but will still register the breeder. I couldn't believe it when I read it
I havent looked at it since it kinda was in the pipe line or not long after, but I kinda thought Accredited meant: {Accred'ited,} certified officially: accepted as valid: (of livestock) certified free from a particular disease,.

Just proves the point that the KC needs looking into

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Accredited Breeder Scheme a load of rubbish and not worth the paper it's written on the KC wants to get this sortred out,but I really don't think they will. As Shona says another way of making money.
well said,
Originally Posted by Cumbrian Lass View Post
I'd like to say I'm surprised Becky, but sadly I'm not. there are still plenty of people out there that think so long as they get the acreditation, they can breed as many as they like The irony is that half the time, they are the first to condemn puppy farms and consider themselves as responsible breeders (well this is in my experience of a few individuals, that is)

Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
As if they don't make enough with all the registration fee's.
Accredited breeder scheme's don't make me laugh.
Registered puppy farmer's.

Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
We had a rep at our AGM last week talking about the scheme - they will register from bitches at 12 months, non health tested dogs etc etc BUT if we report "offenders" they will look into it - he actually said that they want breed clubs etc to "police" it and report people .....
so they get the money from people reg with the ABS and the breed clubs get the joy to "police" it. why should you police it?
to be honest it could be a nightmare in breed clubs anyway,, well if rotties are anything to go by
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:04 PM
i thought to be a member of the Accredited breeder scheme's you are signing to say that you will do all health test etc, but i dont think they check unless there is a complaint. i might of read it wrong. but as a breeder i could not see the point in paying for that jsut for them to add a simble by your name/kennel when you can prove to the new owners you have had it done. or am i wrong and being blonde. please let me know thanks
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3