View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Losos - the cooked pieces of neck were for me, not for Pereg! She has raw - the only things cooked being chicken/turkey livers and fish.

I just looked at all the meat on those necks and thought...

Pereg is not that big but has very strong jaws and lovely solid teeth, and she certainly knows how to crunch and chomble. She has already had one chunk of raw neck and really enjoyed it, going round hoovering up any stray crumb she might have missed.

But I would never give her cooked bones - I saw the state of them when I took the two pieces out of the slow cooker. The meat fell off leaving extremely dry neck vertibrae.

It is not that I am mean but the necks cost ~£2/kilo [€2.40] and I also have to eat. Therefore as what I buy her is for human consumption and not pet meat, I think I would be silly not to utilise some of it for myself. I have also put aside some of the hearts for myself.

Being reliant on my neighbour to buy [on my behalf] what is available where she goes, when she goes, it is a bit of pot luck as to what the store has in when she goes there. Last time there were no necks. This time there were. And just one chicken carcass [neck included] but that has so much meat on it that I broke it down before freezing and packing it away.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2011, 11:38 PM
i bought some turkey necks for mine. they wont touch them i bought them as a change from chicken wings, and they both turn their noses up. they ate them once, when they were in small chunks, but the big chunks they wouldnt touch at all. the OHs dog loves them however, so we've traded my necks for his wings
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2