View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 10:05 AM
She looks fine to me---3/4 of a stone is a lot on any dog.

Daft judge I would imagine.

rune
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
She looks fine to me---3/4 of a stone is a lot on any dog.

Daft judge I would imagine.

rune
Thanks. Thats what we thought.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't think she looks overweight from the photo, but some terriers i see are really thin so maybe hes just used to seeing them. I think (i will double check) she is similar weight and height to her twinny!! I worry that rex is a little over weight as he used to be quite abit lighter when he was younger but he is 8 now and he did used to be really thin. Heres a piccy when hes wet so you can see his shape abit better

tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
I don't think she looks overweight from the photo, but some terriers i see are really thin so maybe hes just used to seeing them. I think (i will double check) she is similar weight and height to her twinny!! I worry that rex is a little over weight as he used to be quite abit lighter when he was younger but he is 8 now and he did used to be really thin. Heres a piccy when hes wet so you can see his shape abit better

Rex is a very similar shape to Tilly (Rex's twinny. Love it! ) so it would be interesting to know his height, weight etc.
I think you're right on him being used to seeing skinnier dogs. He was judging on working as opposed to pet terriers so a smaller, leaner dog would be seen as a better worker I would imagine.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Rex is a very similar shape to Tilly (Rex's twinny. Love it! ) so it would be interesting to know his height, weight etc.
I think you're right on him being used to seeing skinnier dogs. He was judging on working as opposed to pet terriers so a smaller, leaner dog would be seen as a better worker I would imagine.
I just checked, he is 18 inches to the shoulder and weighs 15kg in his younger days he weighed 12kg but he is alot more musular now though. So i suppose they are quite similar
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by kirsty_ View Post
I just checked, he is 18 inches to the shoulder and weighs 15kg in his younger days he weighed 12kg but he is alot more musular now though. So i suppose they are quite similar
Thats good to hear. So sounds like they are very similar build. Tilly was a bit slimmer in her younger days too but she's always been quite stocky, (not fat!) so I reckon she's fine. Would love to see the twinnys side by side. Be like two book ends!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Thats good to hear. So sounds like they are very similar build. Tilly was a bit slimmer in her younger days too but she's always been quite stocky, (not fat!) so I reckon she's fine. Would love to see the twinnys side by side. Be like two book ends!
We're going up that way in a couple of weeks!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
We're going up that way in a couple of weeks!
Ooh are we going that far?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 03:50 PM
With Parsons and Borders you should be able to span them, if you cant, they are too big.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Certainly doesn't look 3/4 of a stone overweight! You would be getting people accuse you of cruelty if she lost that much weight!

A terrier show we went to once Parker had won best male terrier and it was between him and the best female terrier (Welsh) for best-in-show. The judge gave it to Parker because she said the bitch was a bit overweight. The owner was really offended and stormed off-wouldn't shake hands with me! Funnily enough Parker had just been on a diet to lose a pound or two but your dog doesn't look overweight at all.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >