Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tonifletcher
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2008, 11:44 PM

parvo virus

please can anybody help?
my 4 yr old rottie had a big op about 2 mhs ago and now he is being sick, i thought he may have just had an upset stomach but 2day i have noticed alot ao blood coming out with his poo which is very runny! iam rushing him the vets tomorow hoping he just has an upset stomach! could it be anythink else or should i brace myself for the bad news its parvo?
EBMEDIC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by tonifletcher View Post
please can anybody help?
my 4 yr old rottie had a big op about 2 mhs ago and now he is being sick, i thought he may have just had an upset stomach but 2day i have noticed alot ao blood coming out with his poo which is very runny! iam rushing him the vets tomorow hoping he just has an upset stomach! could it be anythink else or should i brace myself for the bad news its parvo?
contact vet now!!!!
Spookle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I agree he needs to see a vet asap, please keep us updated i truely hope it isn't too serious, i will keep my fingers crossed Good luck
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Hoping you managed to get to the vet. Please give us an update when you can. Everything is crossed for you and your rottie here on Dogsey x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2008, 09:28 AM
please can anybody help?

Hi Toni I hope your dog is ok. If in doubt about any symptoms always ring the vet ASAP (never take a dog with suspected parvo to vets without arranging it first because of infecting other dogs).
If the problem is caused by parvo there will be an unmistakable smell, sweet/sickly/fishy/rotting flesh is the way I would describe it, once smelt never forgotten.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Agree totally with whats been said,and once youve smelt it you never ever forget the smell, believe me having worked in vets surgeries for many years.
heres hoping its something easily cleared up
tonifletcher
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2008, 12:56 PM
thankyou to every1x he is in the vets today getting tests- when he poos it just smells like bad dioreha (sorry if i spelt it wrong) we have are fingers crossed it isnt parvo as he is good with in himself he has not got weak oviously he is abit down but i would expect that if he had a bug, he had a lil food today with boiled rice (no poo to check tho)
we recently moved house 3wks ago so im hoping he might just have a bug as he has been through alot latley with his tplo op! xxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 12:59 PM
When will you know the results hun? Thinking of you both and sending lots of healing vibes
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Hope everything is ok *fingers crossed* and let us know how you get on.
tonifletcher
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2008, 01:20 PM
they said it will take few days thankyou for all your suprt hope i can tell use good news! x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >