Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 01:36 AM

Virus similar to Parvo?

Has anyone on here apart from myself and Carole heard about this virus that is going about - it appears to be in East Anglia and B'ham - although it has cases it seems from West Yorkshire and London.

It also seems to be attacking pups, in whelp bitches and the elderly dogs. Although not exclusively.

A Cocker bitch (who went to puppy training with Sal) "Mandy"
who was expecting her first litter soon- has died today - it appears from this virus

It may pay to be vigilant with Crufts being this week.

Karen
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Its also in Lancashire I heard of quite a few really poorly dogs -thankfully I've not heard of any dying tho'
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-03-2005, 08:20 AM
I never take my in whelp bitches anywhere , just in case. Thanks for the advice
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2005, 09:41 AM
Omg, i have not heard about this.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Yes Kazz...thank you ...my friend nearly lost a bitch in yorkshire with parvo like Virus...have also heard of it in other parts ..north Derbyshire. I think if I was going to Crufts or any big show I would take extra care with cross infection when retutning home ..wash/remove your shoes clothes wash hands before touching your home dogs and isolate the show dogs for a couple of days if possible :
beckie
New Member!
Female 

07-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi there,
i am the owner of 3 lovely shih tzus,about 3 days ago my 1 year old girl lost her appetite and was very sleepy then started being sick,in the night she had very bad runs with alot of blood mixed in ,we took her straight to the vets he took her temp and that was normal he was going to send me home,then i told him about the poo and blood, he put his finger up her back passage and loads of blood came out,and told me there was lots of blood still in there,he asked me if she had been vaccinated i said yes,he said it looks like parvo he asked again are you sure shes been vaccinated i told him yes and he admitted her straight away,she is on a drip has antibeotics and anti sickness tablets,i phoned yesterday and they said she was still weak and still being sick,i phoned this morning and they told me she has got worse and her temp has dropped.i will call again later.it doesnt look good,Im worried about my other 2 now.
I never really knew about parvo as i thought as she was vaccinated she wouldnt get it,then i started looking on the net about all the symptoms and seen this site about VIRUS SIMILAR TO PARVO.I just had to tell you about my dog.fingers crossed she will pull through.
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Aww Beckie, we are thinking of you and your girl xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2005, 12:16 PM
will keep my fingers crossed for you
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:22 PM
We've had letters from our vet because there is an outbreak of Parvo in Bristol!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2005, 12:25 PM
oh dear beckie,hope your girl makes a full recovery i heard about this a few weeks ago via another forum and i live in coventry so am not too far from birmingham the slightest sign of illness in my animals and they go to the vets,if they are ill for a day they go to the vet if anyone suspects their animal could have anything similar to this i would go to the vets asap.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >