View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 09:33 AM

Advice please - new shoes falling apart.

My O/h bought me some new summer shoes about 5 or 6 weeks ago from a large shoe shop with several outlets Brantao or something and the other day I was wearing them when I realised that the stiching on the leather was all coming apart. They are Hush Puppy shoes and were £40 so I would expect them to last a bit longer than this for that price.

Unfortunately I can't find the receipt but I have got the box that they come in and the price is written on the box - does anyone know if I have any rights because they are faulty or don't shoes fall under the faulty goods act? And if I have lost my receipt does that mean I have no rights at all?
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I believe that because you've still got the box then you can take them back and get an exchange, you won't be able to get a refund....but they should swop them for you.

May be you could get the number and ring the shop to ask They shouldn't have ripped like that in such a short time.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Take them back Foxy. My dad had the same problem recently and they were exchanged no questions asked with no receipt.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 10:32 AM
If you paid by credit card you will have no problem at all, if you paid by cash it is up to the manager if they accept your word for it or not. But even if you paid cash and have no receipt take them back you have nothing to loose by asking.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Pita
If you paid by credit card you will have no problem at all, if you paid by cash it is up to the manager if they accept your word for it or not. But even if you paid cash and have no receipt take them back you have nothing to loose by asking.
Yes unfortunely it was cash because my o/h bought them and he prefers to use cash for small items

I phoned them and they said could I remember the exact date I got them which I couldn't - anyway o/h said was there anything else we bought on that date and I remembered we got Rhiannas Bike on that date and I still had the receipt for that so it was 11th June when I got them. We are going to the shop soon and seeing what can be done.

Thanks for all your replies.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-07-2006, 09:09 PM
You don't have to have a receipt for exchanges, in fact, if goods are faulty and you want a refund, shops have to give you one. They might be adamant you have to have a receipt but once you tell them you'll be onto Trading Standards in the morning, you'll soon get what you want.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2006, 09:39 PM
You were given a gift, it is below standard so they should exchange.