View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Aquaerobics are out too unfortuantely. As is scuba diving and anything else involving water. Apparently a seizure in deep water would more than likely be fatal. I do go swimming with my hubby but he stays right by my side and can tell when a seizures coming on.

Kammi, I keep saying I'm going to go to the gym here but I haven't done it yet. It's bad enough walking past all these uber fit soldiers to get into the shop, having them around while I'm working out? Scary!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:28 PM
Natalie, let us know how that goes!
went well, should have taken a photo LOL, but it didnt last me long
Finding good healthy recipies is something I am bad at tbh! lol, so that's great people are saying what they have been eating
buffalo meat 146 calories (per olive, I had one)
Brown in saucepan, then set aside in oven dish.
Very lean meat so brown in a non-stick pan, you only need to have the pan on a low heat.

Sauce
brown a small amount of diced onion.
pour small glass of red wine into the pan and allow to thicken slightly.
Add about quarter of a can of chopped tomatoes.
Mix about 1 level tbsp of gravy granules with hot water to a smooth consistency.
Stir gravy mix into the wine sauce.
Let it thicken a bit more on the hob, pour over olives in oven dish, cover and put in the oven for 40-60 minutes.
^That's to serve four, so you you are probably talking around 25 calories for the sauce.

I had some boiled potatoes, carrot and a little broccoli with it.

Do you guys count up the calories in veg? Only counted potatoes at around a couple of hundred calories.

Total, under 400 calories for a dinner that tasted like a lot more lol Stuffed full now and really enjoyed it, the meat was really tender defo didn't feel like a "diet meal"

Edit; you can do the same with beef olives too but it has more calories and fat, so you'd need to adjust the values
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
Aquaerobics are out too unfortuantely. As is scuba diving and anything else involving water. Apparently a seizure in deep water would more than likely be fatal. I do go swimming with my hubby but he stays right by my side and can tell when a seizures coming on.

Kammi, I keep saying I'm going to go to the gym here but I haven't done it yet. It's bad enough walking past all these uber fit soldiers to get into the shop, having them around while I'm working out? Scary!

So that's definitely a no-go then. How about a workout DVD or something then? I can understand how you feel about the gym thing.

Edit; I'm thinking of getting a pedometer and recording my steps/distance and trying to build on that. Loui is able for starting to build up walks again, so I can start taking him but will need to go out on my own and try to do a faster walk I think.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Sarah: That's what I mean! I am unfit and bigger than I want to be... the gym will be a good idea but it's gonna take me a while to not be so worried about going!

Natalie: I count calories in everything, more out of curiosity but that sounds fab! And under 400 calories is amazing!

That's why I feel we can do this, that we aren't on cardboard/tasteless/diet food, just lower calorie actual food

Pedometer sounds like a good idea!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
Sarah: That's what I mean! I am unfit and bigger than I want to be... the gym will be a good idea but it's gonna take me a while to not be so worried about going!

Natalie: I count calories in everything, more out of curiosity but that sounds fab! And under 400 calories is amazing!

That's why I feel we can do this, that we aren't on cardboard/tasteless/diet food, just lower calorie actual food

Pedometer sounds like a good idea!
yep, definately, I have really been enjoying my food since I started a week ago and I'm eating as much as before! but thats a good thing Remember I didnt count all the boiled carrots and broccoli though, just the sauce, potatoes and meat
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
There is very little calories in veg though so i wouldn't worry!

I am eating about the same as before too! Just less calories/sugar/carbs really!
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:48 PM
I count calories in veg. Can have loads of veggies for a few calories but I still count them. I had steaklet, boiled potatoes, peas and gravy for dinner. Followed by 2 pieces of Lindt white chocolate.

My biggest problem is that I find exercise horrendously boring. If I could cross stitch or read or something while doing it I'd probably do better but it's not really practical Just downloaded a load of free audio books, maybe they'll help. Looking into karate classes, I used to love karate and they have classes at the local gym. Again,the uber fit soldier problem though. I think I'm gonna have to get over that somehow since I'm gonna be surrounded by them for the next few years at least.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
I haven't been to the gym in a longgg time, but - like when walking - as long as I have my mp3 player, I'm sorted!

I find the thought of going rather daunting, but the thought of being fit and not having to worry later on... is appealing!

I count all calories as I use MFP and everything goes into there! Keeps a nice record and keeps a running tally of weight loss so it's good motivation to keep that number rising!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Okay guys I need your help!

What are some good low carb things to have for breakfast?

I have been having porridge most mornings but it does get a bit dull.... this morning I had a yogurt drink, an apple and 2 "milk and vanilla cookies" (they are for like really young kids so don't have much in them at all and are really nice haha).. but even then, what can I have tomorrow?!

What do you all have for breakfast?
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2011, 09:42 AM
banana omlette with cinnamon?

bio yoghurt with fruit

erm, will go look up my recipe book from dax and get back to you.

ive had a massive fail already, danish custard with morning tea.
Page 15 of 29 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 > Last »