View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 05:43 PM
I feed Natural instinct, its excellent. NI is human grade food, dont think Darlings is.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Some time back I emailed Darlings to ask about prices. They send me a quote and it was really expensive - far more than I could afford.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
we use natural instinct at work and the dogs love it. all her flatcoats are fed on it (6 of them) and they do so well on it. its obviously more expensive than the places like landywoods, but its already all done for you so better convenience.
Sounds promising I will look into them further.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I feed Natural instinct, its excellent. NI is human grade food, dont think Darlings is.
Thanks for that Dawn. Silly question I thought because it was organic or thats what they say it would of been fit for human consumption ? Well it seems people rate NI not only because of price.

Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Some time back I emailed Darlings to ask about prices. They send me a quote and it was really expensive - far more than I could afford.
I have e-mailed for quote and I think it will be too expensive.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2011, 06:20 PM
I think you will find that the majority of pet food is made from meat that is fit for human consumption!

Perhaps if you think a brand is not you would like to expand on why you believe it is not?

For example do you think green tripe is fit for human consumption?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I think you will find that the majority of pet food is made from meat that is fit for human consumption!

Perhaps if you think a brand is not you would like to expand on why you believe it is not?

No not at all. Too smelly for one thing.

I want to give this new pup a good start I did with Ollie but I am overly cautious now having lost him so young and so tragically. I know it wasn't food related with him but of course if I can source more organic meats for the new pup that is what I will do.

I lost my other dog young too and that was to cancer and that is why I was so fussly with what I fed Ollie. But still I lost him after working so hard to do everything right for him.

That is why I want to source the best I can for my new pup.

Of couse there are no guarantees. I know that only too well but I would like to do my best to find meat that is organically reared and not pumped full of hormones s etc.,

I am not sure where meats like Landywoods etc., are sourced from I will ask them when I get 5 minutes it may be they are sourced from animals that are reared in a way that I would be happy to feed to my new pup.
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

11-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I had a quote of £130 per month to feed 3 adult BCs. Costs me about £50 a month to feed them at the moment from rawtogo
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by DVNBIKER View Post
I had a quote of £130 per month to feed 3 adult BCs. Costs me about £50 a month to feed them at the moment from rawtogo
I have looked into rawtogo. Doesn't seem much difference in quality between a lot of them just the price.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

No, its not.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2