View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Wee wee's and poo poos - is what we say to go outside.

Sit, Stay, Down, Leave etc are pretty normal.

Little Room - is what we say to go in the back porch/room when preparing their dinner for example.

Shut the fxxx up - makes them stop barking. (sorry, it works)

Get in - is what we say to make them go/come back in the house from the garden.

Settle down - calms them following any excitement

Woof Skye Woof - Is what I say to make Skye do a big fierce bark explosion.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I say to Blackie 'excuse me' when I want him to move, or sometimes peep-peep. If I'm going upstairs to bed I just need point up to the ceiling and he's off half way upstairs, If I say the 'go' he thinks he is off for a walk. 'Couch' is if I want him on the settee. 'find' erm....he comes to me! 'Cats' he goes wild rampaging around the garden, although he was brought up with two cats.

Ian
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett View Post
I say to Blackie 'excuse me' when I want him to move, or sometimes peep-peep. If I'm going upstairs to bed I just need point up to the ceiling and he's off half way upstairs, If I say the 'go' he thinks he is off for a walk. 'Couch' is if I want him on the settee. 'find' erm....he comes to me! 'Cats' he goes wild rampaging around the garden, although he was brought up with two cats.

Ian
peep peep. I love that one
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 07:04 PM
"please" and Max gives his left paw.
"thank you" and Max gives his right paw

was a little something I taught him when he was a pup for a treat and now he does it on command.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 07:05 PM
oh and "that will do!" to shut him up, my dad used it when he was a baby and now it is the only thing that works
ebrcknrdg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I say "belly" to Minnie and she will roll over so i can "clean" it. She does this to most dogs she meets expecting them to wash her bits, and now does it to us so we can! Obviously we dont oblige to cleaning her bits, but we do kiss her belly which seems to make her happy
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 07:44 PM
when im out with the girls i say come back for heel,and back off, to get out of they way,when im feeding the pup and harvey and molly shove there big heads in i tell them back off,and they do,when wee out in the feild and im calling zoeybeau,i get down on my honkers and go zooooooooooooeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy,come on baby and she comes flying dk laughs and thinks its really funny,
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Mine know the usual sit, stay, down and dead although to Tonto, who is far too intelligent for his own good, stay means run quick as Mummy obviously wants me to miss something, such as the cat coming downstairs!

Tonto also knows choccies, and will look at the shelf where they are usually kept, even if they aren't there.

Tiddles, is for going into the garden.

Last thing at night this is followed by 'bedtime biscuit' where the biggest dog goes to the littlest basket and vice versa.

They also know 'go away' and 'move your feet' which will move them right out the way. This is used mostly because Inca likes to lie upside down in front of the cloakroom door.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Here's some more dafter ones we use.

'Where's the cats, where's the cats?!?!?!', but u have to say it in a really fast excited way, Sadie goes MENTAL! (Even though she's fine with cats, she just likes a chase but is fine in the house!)

If you say 'where's mammy' (or another family members name), they will go to the front door (if the person is out) or go to the person you ask for. Also if you give them something and say 'ta for mammy', they will take it to whoever you tell them. Sadie does this best, we have a right laugh sometimes!

When i'm calling Maddy back when she's offlead, i'll say 'here is it' (meaning a treat) and she'll always come flying if I have a treat! I also say this if I want her attention for something. The way I say it though with my accent and exhuberance it sounds like "'ere 'tis", then i'll say it a few times so it's usually "'ere 'tis, 'ere 'tis, 'ere 'tis", really loudly and people who aren't from around here usually look at me weird as if to say 'what on earth is she saying to her dog!' Maddy certainly knows it what it means anyway! Treats!

There's probably more cuz we are a bunch of loonies here!
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 10:33 PM
We use "busy" for having a pee.

Shift your bum - for moving him out of the way.

Bang, bang - drops to the floor and lies on his back with his feet in the air ( just learning this one - 2 days and he has it almost 100%)

Lift your leg - for grooming under his belly and around his legs.

Mad dog running - takes off at the rate of knots, bum down head up and back legs overtaking his head as he runs.

My brother's dog responds to commands in welsh
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >