View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I am highly trained, well read, and have enough experience to see what works in the real world. Often many people disagree with me. It reminds me of the old story about the kids that found a puppy and were trying to figure out how to tell if it was a boy or girl. finally one boy suggested they vote.

I really don't think I will be posting much more in this thread or even reading it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I am highly trained, well read, and have enough experience to see what works in the real world. Often many people disagree with me. It reminds me of the old story about the kids that found a puppy and were trying to figure out how to tell if it was a boy or girl. finally one boy suggested they vote.I really don't think I will be posting much more in this thread or even reading it

Like I said, conceited, to the extreme!!

There is a saying about blowing ones own trumpet!! with nothign but hot air!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Good God listen to yourselves! Some of you are so obsessed with your own opinion you've taken the thread completely off topic. To hell with helping the OP, eh?

What has happened to this place? I remember in the early days when it was a friendly site full of dog lovers wanting to help those less experienced than themselves. These days it just feels like a bitch fest most of the time.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I am highly trained, well read, and have enough experience to see what works in the real world. Often many people disagree with me. It reminds me of the old story about the kids that found a puppy and were trying to figure out how to tell if it was a boy or girl. finally one boy suggested they vote.

I really don't think I will be posting much more in this thread or even reading it.
So are a lot of people this forum. The difference is, they don't have your holier than thou attitude. You may be "highly trained" (whatever that is? ) but that makes your opinion no more valid than anyone else's.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Good God listen to yourselves! Some of you are so obsessed with your own opinion you've taken the thread completely off topic. To hell with helping the OP, eh?

What has happened to this place? I remember in the early days when it was a friendly site full of dog lovers wanting to help those less experienced than themselves. These days it just feels like a bitch fest most of the time.

Nobody has bitched to the OP. Labman has brought up some issues but there has been no unpleasantness to the OP. Some of us are a little concerned for the 8 week old pup involved here. I have owned Yorkies and you know I own many Chis and I can tell you, this puppy needs human company. I have no problem saying that. That doesn't make it a "bitch fest"
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Nobody has bitched to the OP. Labman has brought up some issues but there has been no unpleasantness to the OP. Some of us are a little concerned for the 8 week old pup involved here. I have owned Yorkies and you know I own many Chis and I can tell you, this puppy needs human company. I have no problem saying that. That doesn't make it a "bitch fest"
I'm not going to discuss it other than to point out this thread was started by someone seeking assistance and that that isn't happening as far as I can see......
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm not going to discuss it other than to point out this thread was started by someone seeking assistance and that that isn't happening as far as I can see......
I think the fact that the OP hasn't come back speak volumes.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I think the fact that the OP hasn't come back speak volumes.

I think there are a lot of things about this thread that speaks volumes but I'll hush my mouth because I don't want any more bad feeling
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 08:05 AM
I think it may be a good idea if the OP was able to arrange a dog sitter to come around, or even a kind neighbour or family member who isn't working for part of the day. I think I recall someone is coming round, was it at lunchtime? I think if possible for a few weeks it would be good if someone else would be available as well.

I think this would help the little pup settle in better.

Also do the usual things - stuffed kongs etc.

It is hard for a pup to be left alone in this circumstance particularly because as some have said, this pupster is bred to be a companion as much as anything and it will be bewildering when the owner leaves each day, more so than for other pups I'd think. That's all meant kindly by the way, not as criticism. I think we have to deal with the facts now as much as we can

Wys
x
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2009, 08:38 AM

Rips , I think you are being a bit unfair to those who have posted on this thread.

Firstly the OP did not come asking for alternatives, she was seeking reasurance in the way she dealt with her puppy.

Most of the negativity that has arisen in this thread has come in response to "Labmans" conceited opinions towards those who disagree with him.

As you say, you have been round long enough to know that threads can go off topic/sideways sometimes, sometimes leaving the original poster behind...

No one has given the OP a bashing or any other term that has been used here.

She volunteered her routine, asked if it was Ok, and from re-reading all posts in the thread... she has almost in unison been advised that it is not the best way! along with advice from many how to change her routine for the benifit of the pup.

People as you know are passionate about their dogs/breeds, and will voice their feelings if they feel they see an abuse (sorry dont mean that harshly) of their breeds.

In fact the response to the OP has been very controlled.. and I hope she sees through the off topic, posts, to see that people are offering help, albeit, she has to sift through the other stuff.

But thats forum life, it goes off on one, depending who and what is said...

We have a poster in this thread who has dismissed everyone's view as not worthy, his being the only viable /experienced opinion worth while..... no wonder the thread has shifted....

The negativity is NOT directed at the OP... that needs to be made clear.

Strong opinions , yes, criticism to the OP , NO!!
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >