Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 06:40 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread;Sunday

Good morning all out there.. Overslept here...Slept through and clearly needed to so that is fine...

Hard heavy rain and the chill has gone. So no berry picking this morning.

The dogs are quiet; yesterday collie was wired to the moon so she will be exhausted hopefully. She can be a very demanding, tiring dog at times can collie.

All that I need to do today is label jams and sort knitting. Seem to have done little of that this week.. ah well

Have a wonderful family Sunday
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 06:54 AM
Morning RB and all,

Very still and sunny here but chilly. I have been awake since 4.30am when Charly and Ash left to go on their champagne balloon ride. Goodness knows where they will be at this very moment, probably being swept away over the North Sea somewhere. Rather them than me.
When they get back we are heading over to my sons about 30 miles away, for a BBq, and then back this evening for a karaoke night down the pub where my neice who has a fabulous voice will be singing several songs. She has promised me she will sing Shakira Wherever Whenever again, as honestly if you closed your eyes you would think it was Shakira actually there singing it. We may get Ash up to sing something but the rest of us will abstain as we are so bad we could clear the pub in seconds .

Have a lovely day everyone whatever your plans.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:00 AM

Morning Rose, I hope the rain soon clears for you.
MM sounds like you have a lovely day planned, have fun. I wonder where Charly and Ash are now
Well I bet you know what I will be doing today. There will be 9 of us today, I have the biggest leg of pork imaginable!
First Brekkie.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning RB and all,

Very still and sunny here but chilly. I have been awake since 4.30am when Charly and Ash left to go on their champagne balloon ride. Goodness knows where they will be at this very moment, probably being swept away over the North Sea somewhere. Rather them than me.
When they get back we are heading over to my sons about 30 miles away, for a BBq, and then back this evening for a karaoke night down the pub where my neice who has a fabulous voice will be singing several songs. She has promised me she will sing Shakira Wherever Whenever again, as honestly if you closed your eyes you would think it was Shakira actually there singing it. We may get Ash up to sing something but the rest of us will abstain as we are so bad we could clear the pub in seconds .

Have a lovely day everyone whatever your plans.
Sounds a great day all round Bev.. I share the horror of the idea of floating in a fragile balloon... age has brought a terror of heights that can be embarrassing.

BBQ sounds good too .. actually never been to one
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post

Morning Rose, I hope the rain soon clears for you.
MM sounds like you have a lovely day planned, have fun. I wonder where Charly and Ash are now
Well I bet you know what I will be doing today. There will be 9 of us today, I have the biggest leg of pork imaginable!
First Brekkie.
Actually the rain sounds rather peaceful on the roof so I am happy...

Wish I could help with the cooking.. I finally had my first new potatoes yesterday. LIDL had a special on baby potatoes; a kilo pack for 46 cents so I bought 2 and boiled one up yesterday with mint from the garden.. today can fry them... right off meat these days so maybe eggs as I have free range from our market. Oh and carrots from the Maharees which she gave me as they were loose not in bunches...

Could manage roast pork though
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:08 AM
Nippy Jen, No thats too hard to guess what your doing today Enjoy having everyone there. Wish i lived nearer, you always have so many round I could probably sneak in and sit at the table unoticed and get my Sunday roast every week.

RB can't believe you have never been to a BBQ, You really must go to one at some point. You should always go to at least one in a lifetime, maybe not today though if its pouring with rain with you
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Nippy Jen, No thats too hard to guess what your doing today Enjoy having everyone there. Wish i lived nearer, you always have so many round I could probably sneak in and sit at the table unoticed and get my Sunday roast every week.

RB can't believe you have never been to a BBQ, You really must go to one at some point. You should always go to at least one in a lifetime, maybe not today though if its pouring with rain with you
lol.. just led a very sheltered life with the M. E and all! I am not sure if bbqs are big over here and I don't move in those kind of circles.

great idea sneaking in! Nearly gatecrashed a funeral meal at a restaurant here once! Was going in to use the ladies and the maitre de made assumptions..
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Just been down to make toast and the rain looks to be as they say here, down for the day.. mountain wearing their Sunday veils...sky heavy and grey.. quite nice actually for the day ahead for me.. dogs have feasted on raw chicken backs and would seem to have crashed..Let sleeping dogs lie!
Fourlegz
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Good Moning Everyone,
Rose, you must have needed the sleep so good for you.
Bev, hope the weather stays kind for the BBQ. I've got that Shakira song going round and round in my head now!
Nippy Jen, enjoy the pork and all who come to eat it. I've got lamb shanks for later.

Making sandwiches for today's show. Pops had had her run and managed not to get too filthy. Will give her another brush shortly then we'll be on our way.

Hope you all have a smashing day.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Fourlegz View Post
Good Moning Everyone,
Rose, you must have needed the sleep so good for you.
Bev, hope the weather stays kind for the BBQ. I've got that Shakira song going round and round in my head now!
Nippy Jen, enjoy the pork and all who come to eat it. I've got lamb shanks for later.

Making sandwiches for today's show. Pops had had her run and managed not to get too filthy. Will give her another brush shortly then we'll be on our way.

Hope you all have a smashing day.

oh i did! Life here tends to be far too exciting for an old lady! I never know what is going to happen next.

One week a bat, the next a heron...

Please God today peace; will catch Mass live on the internet as am too depleted immune system wise to be among crowds...

Reading and knitting and eating.. bliss!

Used to show my cats so lovely reading your posts.. got Best in Show once too...
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »