View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2013, 02:07 PM
What a beautiful picture of Pereg, those lovely eyes I hope things are more relaxed for you now Malka and you can get some much needed rest x
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I've been reading this thread with bated breath but am now so relieved that Pereg has come through yet another nightmare. I hope you are feeling more positive Malka. At least you have a lovely vet on your side who understands how you feel and what you are going through.

Take care of your self now and give her a lovely hug from me and my four.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Malka - what a beautiful picture of Pereg.

Please don't berate yourself for what is perfectly normal. It is so difficult for you, not only to deal with the seizure itself, but the aftermath - the post-ictal Pereg and the mess. Plus you have the worry that this time she may not recover and you don't want that to happen.

When things have been bad with Loki I've wondered if this is it. There was one time when we picked him up from a night at the vets, he couldn't walk and just lay there shaking. He didn't have a clue who I was and this night at the vets was supposed to be helping him stop seizing! I couldn't walk him out and had to go and get my OH to carry him to the car (he was in the waiting room with my daughter).

When we got him home, I'd made a warm, dark bed for him and he just lay there, frightened and unaware of who we were. I'd been so excited to get him home, too.

Lucky we have a car, lucky I have an OH and lucky I am able bodied. But I considered it then because I didn't know how Loki could recover from this episode. And if by some miracle he did, I didn't know if we could cope with anymore seizures. Poor OH has spent many a night outside in his underwear cleaning Loki up for the third or fourth time that night, after yet another fit and loss of bladder control. Luckily, he doesn't lose bladder control any more since we medicated him on phenobarb.

Loki loves going in the car so much - it is like his second home. In the cold light of day - when things were getting back to normal - there was no way in reality I could have driven him to the vets to have him pts - not when his mind and body were fine. Because he recovered each time, just like Pereg.

I'm rambling away, trying to offer you some comfort that you are not alone and we have all been in that place.

Huge hugs to you and your lovely girl.

xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Horrible photo - she does not have a long face. And I think it was only Day 12 but I think I am brain dead at the moment as I know I have not eaten again.

Pereg is B"H fine. She has been playing and let me have a sleep this afternoon and I have sorted out her meds to increase the 11pm ones, and she is now trying to tear up the cushion on the couch.

And there is a mouse in the rubbish bin and I cannot get it out.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Linda - I do not think she has ever been as bad as Loki with major clusters - I mean she has major GMs and bad post ictal but I know we do not have an emergency service. Well we do but that would mean getting her to the clinic and Ram getting there and as he said it really is not a possibility. So really I cannot compare the two.

Funny photograph - does not really look like Pereg and she does not look post ictal and I do not know if she is back to herself or not.

I do not know what I am doing at the moment. Pereg did not ask for her first meal until quite late and I know I have not eaten today. And I am so frightened that the Monster will hit again.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2013, 03:51 PM
I have been keeping a close eye on this thread. I am so glad that pereg is OK and that she is still here. I was very worried that I would log on and find a post in the gone but not forgotten section. So I am very happy that it wasn't the case.

I can't offer anything except hugs and anti seizure vibes. I as don't know much about epilespy except what you and the other member have taught me.

I enjoy reading all about you and pereg. I hope I get to hear about her for a long time and that she goes fit free for many months so you can rest up and get a break from all of the bad stuff.

I think what you are doing for her with your problems is amazing and wanted to tell you that. I know it if for the love of pereg but still you are an amazing person.

((HUG)) from me and Licks from Ellen and Hovis.

Ndidi
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Malka - please eat something, even if it's just fruit or toast or something. You need to look after yourself too.
x
louieboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Just saw your posting.. I am so sorry your sweet Pereg is having such a difficult time. I can't imagine how difficult it must be on you BOTH. You both will be in my prayers.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6