View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Sending hugs to you and pereg. So Sorry to read that she has had another seizure.
Will have all my finger crossed adn ellen will cross her paw that upping her med will stop them. Hoping also that she doesn't have another one today.
Try to have a sit down and a rest if you can. Everything is hard to deal with when you are tired.

Ndidi and Ellen
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2013, 08:05 AM
I have just spoken with Ram again and he agrees with me that we can increase her 11pm Pb without waiting for the blood tests. What he wants to do is check all her previous results and will speak with me again - probably in another couple of hours when he should have time to have checked everything and then discuss it with me.

At the moment there is nothing either he or I can do, just hope that the Valium will keep her calm enough so that she does not have another seizure as it is not looking good.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm really sorry Malka. I hope the injection will help - Loki had one that time on holiday and the fits did stop, but he'd had 17 so they may have been about to stop anyway. I'm sorry I can't be much help but you are not being selfish at all! It's hard enough to cope when you're able-bodied so don't be hard on yourself.

xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Malka, what can I say, it is an awful situation. Like you say Pereg is not suffering as she is fine once she is out of the seizure, it is you that is suffering, hard enough when you are able bodied. No idea how you cope, you are one strong determined lady. Lots of hugs and kisses from the girlies to you both.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Oh so sorry to hear this, and I don't think you can possibly call yourself selfish, we can all only do our best for our dogs and you have done far more than many could in very difficult situation. I hope whatever decisions you make you do not blame yourself because many many people would not have gone on as long as this so you are doing your best.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-10-2013, 10:13 AM
It is a difficult situation because we [Ram and I] are going to have to increase her Pb before we can do the blood tests.

Linda - Pereg does not have clusters like Loki does - but she has such major Grand Mals and takes a long time to come out of them.

I actually went back to bed, having stripped it and just putting a clean empty duvet cover on it, because I was totally exhausted. Pereg kept getting on the bed, getting off again, back on, back off, and to be honest I just gave up at that stage and tried to get some sleep. She did, eventually, get back on the bed and slept, but I gave her more valium this morning as Ram thinks it better she be slightly tranquilised at the moment.

We have to take the risk of increasing her Pb without knowing what her liver function tests show and what her Pb blood level is, and risk giving her too much - but there is no way I can get her to the surgery at the moment for bloods to be taken. I have to take into consideration my own health.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 10:59 AM
Oh Malka I am so sorry for both you and Pereg. I pray God will give you the strength you so desperately need to cope with this situation. God bless you.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 11:13 AM
B*gg*r B*gg*r B*gg*r Malka, poor Pereg & poor you.

Can't offer any advice, just to say you know who your friends are & where they are

Mega Mega Cyber {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} to you both
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

29-10-2013, 11:32 AM
Joedee - I am so lucky. I am lucky that I have the love of my wonderful Pereg, and I am luck in that I have a Vet who not only knows and understands about canine epilepsy but who is prepared to listen and discuss it and - and what? Discuss the possibilities and ask me what I think, and not only that but will listen to what I think and take my suggestions into consideration.

But both Ram and I know that when it really is the time, he will know that I will be right.

But as sh!t awful as I felt last night, when it was oh sh!t not again, and I really did think that the time had come, both he and I knew it had not.

But we both know that many more major Grand Mal seizures will destroy her brain, because they are that destructive. And then that will be the time that both Ram and I know what he must do.

Pereg my love - you are the love of my life and I will do everything I can for you. But when I can no longer keep you the Pereg that you are, Ram and I will gently give you peace.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 12:06 PM
So very sorry Malka. I can't offer any help or advice, but you are one very strong lady and will do what ever is the right thing for your girl. Take care, xxxx
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »