Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 05:35 AM

Morning everyone - Tuesday!

Morning all,

Well, the first day back was a tad grim, especially as Shirley is also on holiday this week, but I managed to get to the end of it in one piece and with working only 2 hours overtime to boot.

This morning I am off to a meeting off-site, and should hit my desk about 1-ish. The rest of the afternoon will be spent clearing up whatever’s been put on it while my back was turned .

For those interested, “that woman” is now ignoring me – result!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today’s gem:
I’d have better people skills if I worked with better people.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Morning Vicki and everyone

Glad you survived your first day back Vicki, and glad to hear that "woman" has decided to ignore you. I'm sure that means somebody has had a few words with her on your behalf, so she's decided that silence might be a better option than losing her job. I'm sure you would prefer the other option though!! Hope you manage to stay sane and c-a-l-m and she stays away from you.

Anyhoo, up early coz Dave's just gone off to work, and in a mo, I'm going to open my cards and pressies which have come through the post coz today is a very special day for me being my official birthday, and I shall be spending it outside.....painting lol! I'm sure some of my old friends will be phoning me and interrupting me though, and that'll take me through till lunchtime when I'm having my favourite lunch, pork chops!

Heard from the neighbours last night that there were 2 break-ins down our road, but they suspect kids, because the window they got through, even the police couldn't get through it. It's very unusual for this road, but it's made me more aware, coz I sit here all day with all the doors open right up till it gets dark, but when you've got a scarey monster on guard like I have, you don't really have any worries. I've put her on "high alert" mode and I'm sure she'll do a good job of scaring anyone away if they dare. The new front gates in the archway are a deterrent anyway, as they'd have to climb around them and onto the balcony to get to the front door now, and that would hinder their escape route, so I doubt they'd bother with me, and I will padlock those gates overnight. Hey ho.

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki and everyone

Glad you survived your first day back Vicki, and glad to hear that "woman" has decided to ignore you. I'm sure that means somebody has had a few words with her on your behalf, so she's decided that silence might be a better option than losing her job. I'm sure you would prefer the other option though!! Hope you manage to stay sane and c-a-l-m and she stays away from you.

Anyhoo, up early coz Dave's just gone off to work, and in a mo, I'm going to open my cards and pressies which have come through the post coz today is a very special day for me being my official birthday, and I shall be spending it outside.....painting lol! I'm sure some of my old friends will be phoning me and interrupting me though, and that'll take me through till lunchtime when I'm having my favourite lunch, pork chops!

Heard from the neighbours last night that there were 2 break-ins down our road, but they suspect kids, because the window they got through, even the police couldn't get through it. It's very unusual for this road, but it's made me more aware, coz I sit here all day with all the doors open right up till it gets dark, but when you've got a scarey monster on guard like I have, you don't really have any worries. I've put her on "high alert" mode and I'm sure she'll do a good job of scaring anyone away if they dare. The new front gates in the archway are a deterrent anyway, as they'd have to climb around them and onto the balcony to get to the front door now, and that would hinder their escape route, so I doubt they'd bother with me, and I will padlock those gates overnight. Hey ho.

Enjoy yours whatever you're up to
Morning Aitch - have a very happy birthday, love x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-09-2012, 06:15 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Well I am glad that woman is ignoring you and lets hope she keeps her sensible head on and continues to ignore you. I hope today isn't as grim as yesterday was.

Happy birthday Helena have a lovely day and don't forget to padlock the gates when it gets to dusk don't be going out there when its dark.
Bev good luck today with the person viewing the house I have everything crossed it all goes well for you.

Gorden and I off to walk Dillon in a while it has been raining overnight here but looks like its drying quickly.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all.

Well I am glad that woman is ignoring you and lets hope she keeps her sensible head on and continues to ignore you. I hope today isn't as grim as yesterday was.

Happy birthday Helena have a lovely day and don't forget to padlock the gates when it gets to dusk don't be going out there when its dark.
Bev good luck today with the person viewing the house I have everything crossed it all goes well for you.

Gorden and I off to walk Dillon in a while it has been raining overnight here but looks like its drying quickly.

Like the gem today. Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Morning Vicki, H, Lynn and all

Result Vicki that the woman is ignoring you, my thoughts were that she had been told.

Happy Birthday H, have a lovely day.

Enjoy your walk Lynn, it looks pretty wet here still.

Nothing exciting happening here today, walking this morning and working this afternoon, I actually managed to run the hoover around yesterday, that doesn't happen too often!

Have a good day all.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Morning Cuz xxx

Silence is golden....so ignoring is good

As the whole house got top-2-tailed yesterday I am doing my 4th part exam work today for my NVQ4 and if I stick at it all day I will get it finished.

Looks like today will not be blazing sun as its alot cooler this morning ...proper autumn. I had a phone call last evening about something........ so I may have a secret to unfold later this week, it all depends on how it pans out......but don't worry if it all goes well Dogsey will be told

Morning All have a fabulous day xxxxxxxxxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:33 AM
Good morning all.

Vicki, I'm glad the woman is ignoring you, but it will be so much better for all concerned when she is moved to a different office. Atmospheres are atmospheres whether they are silent or explosive and it doesn't really make for a happy working environment. Horrible for you. I hope the situation is better resolved soon.

Bev - good luck today. We've all got our fingers crossed for you.

HAPPY OFFICIAL BIRTHDAY Helena!! I've always kept gates locked day and night even here where they are as rare as rocking horse do-do. In fact, I don't think there's been one on our estate since we moved here (touch wood). Better safe than sorry though.

Hope you, Gorden and Dillon enjoy the walk, Lynn. We seem to have pretty much the same sort of weather. Wet overnight - sun out at the moment. We have got rain forecast for late afternoon though so we may go off for our jaunt a little early today to be on the safe side.

Some people are just so hard faced aren't they? Yesterday, we were having a sit in our little quiet garden in town when a JRT comes zooming in - off lead. A young woman followed behind a few seconds later and sat on one of the other benches. Because of Rosie's upsetting encounter the other day with two of 'em on the High Street, I plonked her on my knee. The dog zoomed for a while, bugging another elderly couple who were sitting having their picnic lunch. Owner does nothing. Then the dog poo'd. Owner called it, put it on lead and marched off. Hubby shouted over that we have a spare bag if she'd like one to which the reply was 'whatever' and she marched off <sigh>. So very annoying. With the biggest of the crowds gone now the kids are back at school and the nice weather, the dog owners seem to be out in force and the dog c**p is starting to mount. These idiots are putting at risk the areas we are allowed to walk our dogs which really, really isn't fair.

OH got the car serviced with very little swearing - mind you, he was threatened before he started because I really just couldn't do with a petulant, wannabe mechanic yet again. He was under warning that if he did start ranting, I would personally take the car to a garage, any garage and leave it there not telling him where it was until the service was done. It seemed to do the trick which isn't surprising as he knows when I mean what I say . More than a hundred quid saved and sanity in tact - result!

Have a good 'un all, whatever you are up to today
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Oh Steph, you tease!!!!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2012, 06:58 AM
Morning Vicki and all,
I'm feeling very deflated this morning. The woman is not going to come and see my house this morning. She rang me yesterday afternoon, she has looked into the area and had a drive round nad said she wouldn't want to live round here. I honestly feel totally trapped here. I've been trying for years to get out and nobody wants to move into this area. I can't say I blame them but its very disheartening to know you may have to live here for many more years. Still I have a roof over my head and my house is now spotless so thats a bonus.
Vicki I'm glad that woman is at least ignoring you. Its not nice being ignored but at least she is not saying anything horrible either.
Happy Birthday H, Have a lovely day my dear and treat yourself to a biscuitor two on me xx
Lynn have a lovely walk and Steph I hope it all pans out as I am dying to know
Enjoy your day everyone whatever you are doing.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >