Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley
Dogsey Senior

05-05-2009, 08:09 AM

Dog Breeding

Hi All

I've just seen a thread on another non-dog related website which I go on. Someone is saying that they want to breed from their 1 year old dog and are asking if anyone has any experience.

It sounds to me like a disaster waiting to happen - this person seems to have no knowledge at all of breeding or how to go about it.

Now - I know that this has been a discussion subject many times on here and that there are some very good, factual replies which I would like to copy and paste into a reply to this person.

Their dog is the male and she is looking for a b*tch to breed with. I need to reply from the sire point of view (though I think they should have the same responsibilities).

Can anyone point me to a link to a previous discussion thread - I have tried the search button but can't find anything.

Thanks
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Firstly go on about health testing, then age, not mentally mature enough etc. Then say that it can alter their behaviour and make them dog aggressive and start cocking their leg in the house etc. That usually gets them!
Becky
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
I WOULD MENTION THE CREDIT CRUNCH AND SAY THAT BREEDERS HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO SELL TOP CLASS PUPPIES AND HAVE GOT STUCK WITH THEM - THEY ARE EXPENSIVE AND DIFFICULT TO KEEP.

ANYONE WITH ANY SENSE WOULD NOT BREED A LITTER AT THE MOMENT !!

THALICE'S MUM