Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-06-2015, 02:33 AM

Just popped in to say hi

Just wanted to say hi to you guys and let you know I have not forgotten you all (how could I forget just what a wonderful and caring bunch you all are).

What you all did for me and Harvey during his illness will all ways stay with me. The support and such very kind words.

Thought I'd make a new thread instead of posting in Harvey's old one as this one is not about dog health matters like his old one was.

I hope everyone is well and doing okay?

I regret to say that I really don't feel any better about loosing Harvey - it's been 7 weeks and it may as well be 7 years or 7 days, it just fills me with tears even thinking about it.

I have thrown myself into keeping busy or I would just go mad. Its the only way I can cope tbh...

The garden has been groomed, weeded and fed to within an inch of its life. I've even tackled a patch of waste land that i had been meaning to tame for years and made it into a new lawn, laid a brick path and created a new flower bed.

I have redecorated the kitchen, almost finished doing the same to the bath room and then my bedroom is next on the list.

I just can't sit and relax, I just can't not be busy or not doing something. Also I've put on a lot of weight from eating crap so being active is a good thing.

With redecorating the kitchen it made me clear out Harv's old bed and bedding so I suppose that's a plus although his day bed in the front room is still in place with his collar and lead, his two fave toys and his old bone in it have not been touched.

I still carry him down to our bench each day and try and think of only the good times but it just ends the same with me in tears. I know every spot, every one of his fave spots in the garden (he had different ones depending on where the sun was) and I still expect to find him laying flat on his side lapping up the sun.

He really was my sole mate and you only ever have one true one. He has left such a huge hole in my life.

I had a really bad moment earlier today when I saw the first ripe strawberry of the year. It's so stupid really, I didn't even think, I just wasn't thinking, I just picked it and called Harvey to give it to him (he LOVED strawberrys). But of course as soon as I had called him I remembered and that was it.

Full on breakdown - terrible really as it does not end, it's not getting better.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by KennyUK View Post
Just wanted to say hi to you guys and let you know I have not forgotten you all (how could I forget just what a wonderful and caring bunch you all are).

What you all did for me and Harvey during his illness will all ways stay with me. The support and such very kind words.

Thought I'd make a new thread instead of posting in Harvey's old one as this one is not about dog health matters like his old one was.

I hope everyone is well and doing okay?

I regret to say that I really don't feel any better about loosing Harvey - it's been 7 weeks and it may as well be 7 years or 7 days, it just fills me with tears even thinking about it.

I have thrown myself into keeping busy or I would just go mad. Its the only way I can cope tbh...

The garden has been groomed, weeded and fed to within an inch of its life. I've even tackled a patch of waste land that i had been meaning to tame for years and made it into a new lawn, laid a brick path and created a new flower bed.

I have redecorated the kitchen, almost finished doing the same to the bath room and then my bedroom is next on the list.

I just can't sit and relax, I just can't not be busy or not doing something. Also I've put on a lot of weight from eating crap so being active is a good thing.

With redecorating the kitchen it made me clear out Harv's old bed and bedding so I suppose that's a plus although his day bed in the front room is still in place with his collar and lead, his two fave toys and his old bone in it have not been touched.

I still carry him down to our bench each day and try and think of only the good times but it just ends the same with me in tears. I know every spot, every one of his fave spots in the garden (he had different ones depending on where the sun was) and I still expect to find him laying flat on his side lapping up the sun.

He really was my sole mate and you only ever have one true one. He has left such a huge hole in my life.

I had a really bad moment earlier today when I saw the first ripe strawberry of the year. It's so stupid really, I didn't even think, I just wasn't thinking, I just picked it and called Harvey to give it to him (he LOVED strawberrys). But of course as soon as I had called him I remembered and that was it.

Full on breakdown - terrible really as it does not end, it's not getting better.
So much energy.. wish there were some strong one to help with my garden as I am struggling with the rough work.. maybe pensioners near you would be glad of your help? Worth finding out?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi Kenny lovely to hear from you and thank you for the update.
Keeping busy is a good idea, it is what I do in times of stress.

I have lost so many dogs over the years. They have all been very different from each other and I am grateful to them all for adding so much pleasure to my life.

Kenny I hope one day you can think of Harvey more in fondness than in pain...
Jas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Kenny, have you thought about getting another dog yet? Some people find it an ideal way to fill the void.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Hi Kenny, glad you posted to let us know how you are coping. All in all 7 weeks is still early days for you. But I am glad you are throwing yourself into keeping busy. Know that we think of you and Harvey often. Do take care of yourself and also do keep in touch. God bless.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2015, 01:32 PM
Good to hear from you Kenny, like Moyra said it's still very early days. It's good you're keeping busy but don't wear yourself out! Your pain will start to subside but of course it's going to take some time. Keep in touch because I often wonder how you are.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Hey, that's a wonderful idea Rosebud! I always say out of evil comes good - Harvey's passing was of course extremely bad, but out of such negativity always comes positivity, ying and yang, good and bad. By doing what Rosebud suggests, you would be doing yourself a favour by trimming up plus you could perhaps have a collection box with you for the local dog rescue home or Battersea? When you cut some old geezer's lawn for him, you could rattle your tin at him and ask if he could spare a few pennies in memory of the Handsome Harvey!!

Kenny, it is now easily 6 years, if not more, since i lost my Hal and I STILL grieve for him. Yes, time is the great healer, but there is no shame in your still breaking down on occasions, in time this will improve, and the only sure fire way IS to take on another dog, but that will take time. When the time is right, you will find him or her, or he or she will find you ... just keep your ears and eyes open, and it will happen.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2015, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Hey, that's a wonderful idea Rosebud! I always say out of evil comes good - Harvey's passing was of course extremely bad, but out of such negativity always comes positivity, ying and yang, good and bad. By doing what Rosebud suggests, you would be doing yourself a favour by trimming up plus you could perhaps have a collection box with you for the local dog rescue home or Battersea? When you cut some old geezer's lawn for him, you could rattle your tin at him and ask if he could spare a few pennies in memory of the Handsome Harvey!!

Kenny, it is now easily 6 years, if not more, since i lost my Hal and I STILL grieve for him. Yes, time is the great healer, but there is no shame in your still breaking down on occasions, in time this will improve, and the only sure fire way IS to take on another dog, but that will take time. When the time is right, you will find him or her, or he or she will find you ... just keep your ears and eyes open, and it will happen.
reminds me of an Irish story... man in prison here write to his old dad who cannot do his garden,, " the guns are hidden there,,," Needless to say the Gardai arrived and dug the entire garden! NO GUNS but one happy dad....old folk also love visitors and to chat...
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi kenny,
Its good to hear from you.

Its very early days yet for you , my dibby was put to sleep in January and I have his little coat that I havent washed and sometimes I smell it and cry . Its easier for me because I have two other dogs that take up my time and give me doggy kisses .

You never stop missing your dog but the grief eases in time.
You cant replace Harvey but one day when you are ready their will be another dog that will win your heart .

Best wishes, Alison
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-06-2015, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dibbythedog View Post
Hi kenny,
Its good to hear from you.

Its very early days yet for you , my dibby was put to sleep in January and I have his little coat that I havent washed and sometimes I smell it and cry . Its easier for me because I have two other dogs that take up my time and give me doggy kisses .

You never stop missing your dog but the grief eases in time.
You cant replace Harvey but one day when you are ready their will be another dog that will win your heart .

Best wishes, Alison
Oh Alison, I found what you said to be very moving.

I am so sorry about Dibby, I didn't know.

Run free Dibby.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >