Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I don't think it's time to be looking back at what should have been done, in my opinion. Tom's gf is doing her best with the situation and they are going to get Mimi spayed. Mimi looks healthy and happy and that's the main thing. Once she's spayed, she can enjoy a peaceful life
I am pleased that Mimi and her pups are fine. But people reading this might think a cross of this type is fine, but it's not. Things could have turned out so differently and they could have lost Mimi. The responsible thing would have been to have had the jab, so there would have been no risk to Mimi.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree there is no point in pointing fingers and playing the woulda shoulda coulda game BUT it does have to be said that they were VERY lucky. It could just have easily been a very different story with Mimi ending up dead. Harsh but true.

The owners have been careless and hopefully others can learn from the mistakes made. If it were my bitch i too would have had the Mis Mate jab, its not expensive and is very effective.

On the plus side i am glad the pups are all doing well and glad Mimi will be spayed after the life she has had.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Your entitled to your opinion CC as I am mine, thanks
Yes we are all entitled to our opinion. I didn't say you wasn't entitled to yours. Yet again though, looks like we're gonna be going down that old route again

It would just be nice, for once, if we could welcome somebody who has a litter to deal with and could probably do with a bit of support and advice, without the lectures. I understand your comments but Tom has already said that Mimi will be spayed. I don't want to frighten him off, thinking that everyone is being overly judgmental. But, hey, you go ahead. I've said my piece and I'm not going to get into yet another argument on here. I think Tom can stand up for himself anyway. Just want him to know that there are some of us on Dogsey who are interested in Mimi and her litter and are here to help if he needs any advice. I get no pleasure from judging and lecturing. However, I get lots of pleasure from supporting and helping, if I am able. Perhaps that's why I seem to be clashing with a few people on here
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
There used to be a lab stayed across from us used to escape when she was in season too, dirty minx...
If I had known Mimi was pregnant I think I would have had her jagged to stop her having the pups, especially since you are 98% certain it was a big dog that got her, you and your gf have been very lucky not to loose Mimi having those pups, I don't understand rescueing her from a situation then putting her through stress again ?
Are you selling the pups ?
Well we didn't put her through the situation again. It happened by accident. We also didnt know if Mimi was pregnant for ages. Then her nipples started getting larger and we thought she was just in season but ooooh puppies. And we didn't know the dad was a lab until we saw the puppies and put 2 and 2 together.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Tom, now this thread has been turned into a Blog, I think you can edit as you like. As in deleting any posts you could do without. Not sure about that but I think I've read that somewhere on Dogsey.

I'm not going to post on this again, whilst there's debate going on. You know where I am though, if you want to ask anything. If I am able to help I will. If I'm not (not the most experienced breeder by far - lol) I can ask my Mentor for you. She's always happy to help and won't be judging.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Please get her spayed as soon as it will be possible.
I am sure you are doing your best to look after her now but her story does make me uncomfortable i have to say. I hope you can find good homes for the puppies.
I also hope you stick around dogsey you can learn a lot here....and i dont mean that in a patronizing way...i have learnt a lot here.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Tom, I really hope you find permanent loving homes for all the puppies, I would love to find out in the future how they have all turned out, sorry if pointing out the reality of the situation has upset you as it has CC as others have posted I know I'm not the only one concerned for Mimi...
Best of luck with the pups x
Alaskantom
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Cheeky, thank you. Check your pm's

honeysmummy - I will. I'm not sure if I am sticking around.

Ink - 3 of the 5 will be going to good homes locally. After they have been vetted.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah Tom, you'd better stick around because I just HAVE to know how these pups turn out!!!

Please don't be put off by the slightly hectoring tone of some of the posts, on Dogsey dog welfare comes first and foremost! And there are plenty of members ready to keep you in your toes - believe me I know! But it really is a very supportive place, honest, and you will grow to know and love us

Does your gf have any homes lined up for the pups? You'll get plenty of advice on here about the best way to go about it!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2009, 11:19 AM
TBH I don't think the puppies are labrador crosses, much more likely a smaller father-Pomeranians do come in a multitude of colours so the father might not even ave been black.

It's good that you are having the mum spayed & I would also make sure the puppies are neutered asap medically correct
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >