View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 02:34 PM

Any one know of the k9listener in Lincolnshire?

Just wondered please if any one knew of or has met the above trainer/behaviourist(and team) and how you got on. If so did the methods/advice work for you and your dog, completely or in part. (Hope is ok to ask on here and don't mean to be nosey)
Many thanks
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-10-2010, 02:43 PM
i have a philosophy that says that if any has the title 'listener' or 'whisperer' in their moniker, i proceed with caution.

aside from that, i know nothing of this chap, and the above is not a recommendation not to check him out for yourself, nor a pre-judgement against him.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Thankyou, I am thinking about consulting the advice of a trainer/behaviourist, more for myself than my dog(if that makes sense ). There are so many new/different ideas/methods people have now which I would like to learn about and am interested in. Think a lot of reading is in order also regarding this but would be good to meet a trainer/behaviourist that folk have high regard and experience of(who they have learnt from, know everyone is different). Am picking up lots of advice and reading tips here too, which is making me aware of new things and folks experiences.
Suppose the only way is to go ahead, maybe meet more than one and decide for myself really.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Just wondered please if any one knew of or has met the above trainer/behaviourist(and team) and how you got on. If so did the methods/advice work for you and your dog, completely or in part. (Hope is ok to ask on here and don't mean to be nosey)
Many thanks
He's a Shaun Ellis fan-which means wouldn't touch with a bargepole to me !

He's also a CM follower !!!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Ok thankyou
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I wouldn`t go near anyone who didn`t say what their methods were - what have they got to hide? I did google him (being a nosey person) and noticed the shaun ellis pic - but was surprised by the lack of any qualifications or affiliations.
This is not to say that someone who hasn`t done a course isn`t any good - but usually people who are self taught are pretty clear on what methods they use.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Had a quick look at the website of the person in question..
mmmm....
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
He's a Shaun Ellis fan-which means wouldn't touch with a bargepole to me !
He's also a CM follower !!!
.. ok that's enough for me, heading for the door as fast as my little legs will carry me
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thankyou, I am thinking about consulting the advice of a trainer/behaviourist, more for myself than my dog(if that makes sense ). There are so many new/different ideas/methods people have now which I would like to learn about and am interested in. Think a lot of reading is in order also regarding this but would be good to meet a trainer/behaviourist that folk have high regard and experience of(who they have learnt from, know everyone is different). Am picking up lots of advice and reading tips here too, which is making me aware of new things and folks experiences.
Suppose the only way is to go ahead, maybe meet more than one and decide for myself really.
Hi k9paw , depending on whether the problem is a training or behaviour related, I would check out the websites of the APBC and APDT and look at their lists of approved members, not a guarantee nothing is but a good starting point.

If 'the problem' is behaviour related you will need a referral from your vet and treating the problem may be covered under your pet insurance assuming you have it.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Thankyou I wondered about that too, which is why posted here and don't think you're nosey but as I like to call it and say often 'interested' Sometimes folk have vast amounts of experience and knowledge, which stands for a great deal, imo? but no qualifications 'on paper'. A knowledge of theory and practice/experience is what have always thought better in any subject etc. Is not very clear from the website about any of this, doesn't mean to say they don't have any but was just interested.
Thankyou
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Hi Minihaha, sorry was typing as you posted, thankyou There are no big behaviour issues going on here, my little dog has not been well of late but am seeing the vet regarding this and she is insured. She is the most wonderful dog in so many ways, typical terrier(if is such), has a brilliant recall(most of time), has overcome fear of dogs and people, particularly men, and is beautiful(don't know how she ended up in rescue), sorry if sound like bragging but am so proud of her. She goes crazy at post arriving, barks and gets bit overly excited when folk come to house(which is rare) and sometimes at folk on walks, is bit of scavanger but getting better . I have always loved dogs from being tiny but am trying to find a way to understand more and have an opportunity to maybe do so now. Will certainly look at what you've said, (but finding it hard to travel and meet folk at the moment), thankyou
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >