Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-05-2005, 10:38 AM

Showing cross breeds

As you know i have 1 JRT and 1 dandie dinmont cross westie puppy. Now Polly my JRT is a resacue and is far to nervous for anything like that, but i would like to know if i could show Florrie, if so how and where.
I am located in Coventry.
any advice appreciated
best wishes
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Lu-1
As you know i have 1 JRT and 1 dandie dinmont cross westie puppy. Now Polly my JRT is a resacue and is far to nervous for anything like that, but i would like to know if i could show Florrie, if so how and where.
I am located in Coventry.
any advice appreciated
best wishes

You wont be able to show at open or championship shows as they are for pure breeds, but you should be able to show at companion type show, as far as I am aware these shows are for all dogs. try to contact a local dog training center, they may have information regarding local shows, or the dog press ie Dogs World, or Our Dogs papers.they have shows/date/locations advertised

Mo
michelled
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 11:49 AM
youll only be able to show her at exemption & companion shows,but these can be loads of fun!!!!! good luck!
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

30-05-2005, 07:28 PM
yes most of these have a cross breed class. plus many more novelty classes.they are fun
traeauk
New Member!

31-05-2005, 08:07 PM
yes they are.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2005, 08:11 PM
be warned showing is addictive what ever type they are!
good luck and keep us posted.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Very true Leo. thats how i suspect most of us started off.
erminstrudel
New Member!
Female 

05-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi

Thought you might like to know about the 'Crossbreed & Mongrel Club'.

We've been on the go for 11 years now and have hundreds of members around the country. We hold shows throughout the year, from Easter to Christmas, almost exclusively for X's (pedigrees are welcome for some fun classes & all day 'skill' events). The shows include a huge range of classes for everything from puppies to super veterans, junior handler, best rescued etc. We also have qualifying heats for our National Championship show held each September (SCAMPS) to find the countries top x/mongrel & top junior handler (as well as holding a regular show on the same day.)

In addition to shows we have a number of camping weeks & weekends where again we hold shows and also get a chance to have a go at agility, flyball, heelwork to music etc. Have great 'gang' walks & the compulsory boozy BBQ, daft team games & general mayhem.

It's a fantastic fun club. The shows all have a really great atmosphere with no-ones dog frowned upon for whatever behaviour they display.

We have a website www.crossbreed-and-mongrel-club.org.uk where you can check out members dogs, show dates & show results plus other stuff.

There are 3 shows coming up on June 12th - Eye Playing Field in Peterborough (11am start - Full CMC show); Chadderston Park Derby (11am start - fun show with SCAMPS qualifier) & Moretaine Millenium Country Park, Bedfordshire (10am start - fun show with SCAMPS qualifier)

Anyone interested in joining can just turn up at any show (open to non-members as well) or contact the membership secretary - Jim Colley (honest!!) on (01522) 751576.

Hope this helps all those crossbreed/mongrel owners - please come along, we love new competition!
Ice_Queen
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2005, 10:42 AM
ALso if your intrested in showing in crossbreed classes at companion shows, and the club mentions above (sounds like a great club!!!) there is no reason why you can't find a ringcraft class to train at. We currently have 3 crossbreeds at ours and have had afew in the past. We give them the same training. One belongs to my brothers school friend who also handles our dogs at open show level, but her pride and joy is her crossbreed she takes to companion shows!