View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 11:46 AM

Very bad short term memory - anyone else have this problem?

I am getting increasingly worried about my memory. I forget the stupidiest of things and do things and don't remember doing them only minutes later For example - yesterday when out shopping I bought some things and did a cheque because I haven't got my chip and pin number yet. Just as I was meant to be signing the cheque my oh started to ask me something and I keep thinking I gave the cheque back without signing it because I just don't remember doing it. I was going to ask them to check whether I had or not but felt too stupid to say anything in case they thought I was mad My oh also said he had gave me the parking ticket to look after and I argued with him and said he hadn't but then looked in my bag and there it was I do loads of things like this and its really worrying me
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Yes Foxy, think it has something to do with the numbers that will be on your next Birthday cake, but as you will not remember when that is and will not know what the numbers will be, you will have no need to worry. Always say G*d is good, just when you become a real old wrinkly your sight becomes so bad you can't see them and just when you would start worrying how old you are you can't remember how old you are
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Foxy, don't sweat it mate - I have yet to meet someone with as bad a ..................................................
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Welcome to my world !! I wake up in the middle of the night and think ''did I put the answer phone on at work ? '' I walk to the post box with out the letters ...OH says I'm only knitting with one needle
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Im the same and Im only 22! Its horrible I hate it.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
Yes Foxy, think it has something to do with the numbers that will be on your next Birthday cake, but as you will not remember when that is and will not know what the numbers will be, you will have no need to worry. Always say G*d is good, just when you become a real old wrinkly your sight becomes so bad you can't see them and just when you would start worrying how old you are you can't remember how old you are

Yes but this all started when I was 34 and hit the menopause for the first time I was on hrt and didn't feel that they did anything for me and then came off them and then everything went back to normal period wise but my memory didn't I then got pregnant at nearly 37 which was a total shock and my memory has been really bad since I can go upstairs for something and by the time I get there I forgot what it is I went up for - its sooo frustrating People say write things down - I do and then forget where I have wrote it

So its quite common in your 40's is it to be like this?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Murphy
Welcome to my world !! I wake up in the middle of the night and think ''did I put the answer phone on at work ? '' I walk to the post box with out the letters ...OH says I'm only knitting with one needle

Yes you sound like me - glad I'm not the only one. You should see how long it takes me to go to bed at night - I have to check everything at least 6 times just in case I haven't locked the door or shut the windows and make sure the cooker is off etc. I then get to bed and lie there wondering if they were REALLY locked and that I didn't imagine locking them - so I come down again just to give a final check
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by shadow_the_staff
Im the same and Im only 22! Its horrible I hate it.

Oh dear theres no hope for you then
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:15 PM
Sorry to tell you this Foxy, but's it's definitely to do with the numbers on OUR birthday cakes as the rest have said. I'm exactly the same and OH looks at me like I have 3 heads some days
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:16 PM
I have quite bad short term memory and always have done since my teens probably earlier than that to be honest. Some things I know I can remember for yrs, mostly the ones I want to forget...lol...But other things like you mention, what I did a minute ago and so on I am bad at...But I think that is just cuz I am a bit of a space cadet!!...I always think if all my little problems were diagnosed I would be considered for being a genius just for being able to cope with them!! Instead of a twit...lol
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >