Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 12:07 PM

Salmon recipes needed.........

I have a whole side of Orkney smoked salmon (already pre-sliced) and need some ideas for what to do with it.
Theres only really me that likes salmon ( oh and the dogs too ) so need some ideas asap before I end up having to feed it all to the dogs

any ideas?

Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2004, 12:18 PM
the one that MandP posted further down looks nice
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-12-2004, 12:37 PM
O dear Lel, that is rather a lot to eat on your own . Because SS has such a strong flavour you only need a little in recipes. Can you not eat most of it just with lots of squeezed lemon and black pepper and granary bread/butter. yum ? There is a thing I do with vol-au-vent. You make a basic béchamel sauce (thick)to which you add grated zest of lemon,a little lemon juice and lots of black pepper, tiny pieces of SS then fill the cases as you would with any other filling. You can also use it in a quiche..basic recipe eggs/cream etc then blend in cream cheese, lemon zest,lots black pepper tiny bits if SS and proceed as normal. If all else fails I will come and eat it!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 12:48 PM
You're quite welcome Mini I'll get the champers out (oops theres none left)

OH bought it and then told me he doesnt like it and neither do the kids- bright spark eh?
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 02:22 PM
smoked salmon can make a great stir fry if you cut it into strips and add it at the end....or olive oil,garlic,chillie,lemon juice salt and pepper mix together to your taste and leave to marinade for a couple of hours and serve with crusty bread and salad..yum yum....or...make up a pasta bake and add the sliced salmon to the mix, smash up a couple of bags of plain crisps.sprinkle on top add some cheese and pop into the oven for a lovely crispy crunchy topped pasta bake
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 04:35 PM
You could divide it into managble amounts and pop it in the freezer. Then you won't get bored with it.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 04:57 PM
a pasta bake and add the sliced salmon to the mix, smash up a couple of bags of plain crisps.sprinkle on top add some cheese and pop into the oven for a lovely crispy crunchy topped pasta bake
sounds yummy
thankyou
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Smoked Salmon Pate
Ingredients
255g/9oz smoked salmon
110g/4oz cream cheese
2 tbsp double cream
½ lemon, juice only
2 tbsp chopped chives (plus some extra chives to sprinkle over the top)
pinch of sugar
salt and freshly ground pepper

Method
1. Pop all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until it has a consistency that you desire. For serving as a starter with salad and oatcakes or Melba toast I like the pâté to be a little rough but for canapés I prefer a smoother version.
2. Plenty of pepper is good but go easy on the salt, as the smoked salmon will be salty already. Occasionally I would substitute the lemon and chives for lime and coriander.
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Would love to help but can´t cook

Thats why I always read, but don´t answer in here.
Wouldn´t want anybody to get sick
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-12-2004, 05:18 PM
thanks Julie

Im the same amts- have no imagination when it comes to cooking cos I do as little as I can
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >