Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-09-2014, 10:56 PM

Courses in Dog Training Instruction

Hello,

I am a member of a dog training club, and we run puppy and good citizen classes. I have recently agreed to start helping out with the ouppy class and the club would potentially like to fund my attending a short course in how to be an instructor. I am only going to be helping out at this stage and so I don't need anything too advanced, but also want it to see me through for a bit as they can't always fund multiple courses so nothing too basic either.

Has anyone done courses with Russell Becque in Portsmouth? Or any of the Steve Mann IMDT ones, or PDTI?Are there any that are helpful due to particular accreditation? Members of my club have been to various so I was hoping to get a broader review if possible!

Thanks in advance.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-09-2014, 08:13 AM
If you want to do a puppy class instructor course I'd recommend lifeskills for puppies at lincoln uni
http://www.lifeskillsforpuppies.co.uk/training
I've not done the course myself but I'm an assistant trainer to someone who did do it, I've seen the handouts etc. and it's really good. It focuses more on skills that puppies need to be confident and outgoing and succeed in life rather than just obedience.
Jacsicle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks I'll look into it. That one does appear rather pricey so it will depend on what the club can afford!