Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
avelez4234@aol.
New Member!
Female 

02-09-2014, 01:19 AM

My Standard Poodle is acting scared of my husband

My 3 year old Standard Poodle Bella loved my husband more than anything and anyone. Just recently he made a ramdom noise sticking his tongue out and blowing while playing with her and she looked confused and ran away and hid under the bed. Since then she hasn't wanted anything to do with my husband. She is super wary of him and won't come when he calls. It's the weirdest thing. Has anyone else have a similar experience?

Anna
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2014, 04:23 AM
I haven't had that exact experience, but since I rescue dogs I have had to help with overcoming different fears. Obviously your husband scared your dog. He's going to have to be very patient and understanding as he goes about getting Bella to trust him again. I've had dogs with trust issues and I would suggest that you call her to sit with you while your husband is near you. At first he should just talk to her. When she's comfortable with that then he might lay his hand on her where she can see it then go on to petting her, etc. Always baby steps..don't rush her. Since he didn't do anything to hurt her it may not take too long.