Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2013, 08:23 AM

Dogs trained to Attack & Kill Wolves in Wisconsin

Please help stop this barbaric cruelty... its the last few days to voice your protest.

please sign & share petition also bombard Laurie.Ross@wisconsin.gov with emails asking them Not to use dogs to savage wolves.

http://www.causes.com/actions/173164...ia-dnr-act-169

"DNR wants to allow hounders to "train" their dogs on wolves with no restrictions right through the breeding, denning, and birthing seasons until the end of March. When pregnant females need to be preparing for the birth of their litters they will be harassed or even attacked by unlimited packs of vicious dogs. The fine print reads that they can "only" use packs of "six" dogs at a time to "train"but that they can switch out to new packs of dogs if the original pack gets tired. So essentially unlimited dogs will be allowed to go after wolves during this very sensitive time. The DNR even has the gall to call this a "reasonable fair-chase restriction." This is outrageous! In less than a month Wisconsin may be hunting and killing wolves/pregnant wolves/and possibly wolf cubs. To read more about this recent item added to the killer wish list of Act 169 Section 2B1 please check out this very informative article

Re-gaurding this statement: "Hunters will be paid up to $2,500 for each dog injured or killed by the wolf it is pursuing." The DNR recently decided not to compensate for dogs injured while pursuing wolves, but don't let them fool you! Hunters can still claim the money for dogs injured/killed by other predators and there's nothing stopping hunters from lying about how their dogs were hurt!

238 wolves were killed this hunting season, that alone is 30% of the Wisconsin wolf populationand doesn't include natural and unreported illegal deaths.

Please sign in support of RETRACTING DNR ACT 169 Section 2.B.1.!! And please sign in support of the statement that "we the undersigned will boycott Wisconsin. We vow never to visit, vacation at, or support Wisconsin in anyway until action against DNR's Act 169 Section 2.B.1. is taken!"

The state of Wisconsin paid $214,794 for wolf depredation in 2012. How many families in Wisconsin will sit in wait for emergency housing, food, or medical care while the DNR wastes their money on a depredation program for a species that literally only just started to recover in numbers?
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Signed.

I cant believe this is allowed to happen in a supposed civilized society. It seems they will only be happy when all the wolves have gone
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Horrible for the wolves and the dogs, how could anyone allow their dogs to be used for this and risk serious injury
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2013, 11:49 AM
That is barbaric for both wolves and dogs, absolutely disgusting.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Absolutely dispicable and I have to ask myself WHY???????

Signed, but I don't suppose our UK zip code will be recognised anyway, so it'll probably go in the bin

Bladdy evil morons!!!!! Why can't we just leave things alone to live a life in peace!!!!GRRRRR I'm mad now!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Horrible for the wolves and the dogs, how could anyone allow their dogs to be used for this and risk serious injury
Several breeds were bred to hunt Wolf, like the Borzoi. There is risk in every type of work which involves things with "teeth." Thats why they use several dogs, its quick and the risk of injury is far less likely.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2013, 02:29 PM
thank you to those who have taken the time to sign x...it would be really great if you could email them aswell.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Several breeds were bred to hunt Wolf, like the Borzoi. There is risk in every type of work which involves things with "teeth." Thats why they use several dogs, its quick and the risk of injury is far less likely.
'work'? i dont see how brutalsing animals could ever be described as that

It most certainly Wont be 'quick' either! those wolves are decendants of Canadian Timber Wolves, by far the biggest sub species of Grey wolf!

There WILL be many casualties & i dont just mean wolves!

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Noushka05 View Post
'work'? i dont see how brutalsing animals could ever be described as that

It most certainly Wont be 'quick' either! those wolves are decendants of Canadian Timber Wolves, by far the biggest sub species of Grey wolf!

There WILL be many casualties & i dont just mean wolves
Oh I see, you know this how? Dogs were bred to work, yes WORK. Borzois were bred to hunt Wolf, likewise Wolfhounds. Whether you like it or not, the majority of dogs were designed to do a job, not be dressed up and put in handbags!

Im pleased you know how many casualties there will be despite the fact this isnt even happening yet, thats excellent. A Golden Eagle can take down a Wolf on its own, how do you know the types of dogs that will be used will fair any worse? Im not saying it should go ahead but you seem to be sprouting an awful lot of tosh about something that hasnt even started yet!
Pep_Sounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2013, 09:21 PM
The attached article/blurb states 30% of the Wisconsin wolf population has already been killed this hunting season. It is already happening.

@Noushka - I have signed and shared elsewhere for the attention of many of my American friends to do their bit too. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
ozdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks to the insanity of exaggerated characteristic breeding, the borzoi's head has been incredibly distorted in the last 50 years, and individuals are known to suffer the brain crushing pain that cav spaniels can suffer from, due to the narrowness of the head, and the favoured, exaggerated curve of the top of the head, resulting in a roman curve, favoured in show borzois. Many dogs bred for a set reason have now had 'type' exaggerated to a point where the dog is no longer of use in the purpose it was bred to be used in. In fact, it can be hard pressed to be sound, even in it's young adult peak health.

Many turn of 19th/20th century working, fit for purpose dog breeds look like partbreds, compared with the modern purebreds and were far sounder, allowing for poor breeding, which can happen in any historical period.

See pugs, bull dogs, chauhuahuas, borzoi heads, etc, etc, etc.

Given the subject of this thread was to alert people to the red neck savagery of some of America and in particular, the poorer republican states and an invitation to sign a petition deploring it, what was the point of bringing up dogs bred to hunt anything? Start your own thread on that subject. I COULD have done a spiel on how some dog owners can be insensitive boors on this thread, but the subject IS the appalling red neck savagery of some Americans building their already super egos, tearing apart alive, native species struggling to exist, misusing another species, to do it, because of course, they don't risk themselves. They just watch, see their own dogs injured and killed, and step in to get photos, when the wolf is close to death or dead, to imply they are BIG MEN.

Most dog lovers know the backgrounds of many breeds. That has nothing to do with this thread. Dogs were bred to fight each other. Are you making the point that if a dog was initially bred to do something, it should have to be used for that reason? Your point of the original dog use was? Happy to hunt endangered otters? Regularly go to dog fights, bear baiting, do you?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »