View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 06:08 AM
First thing that went through my mind is thank goodness the other couple got first choice of puppy as Dillon has grown up by far the most handsome of the two.
Looks like he enjoyed his day and bet you did too.
Theres nothing nicer than being in a big gathering of people with your own breed.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Fabulous Dog(s). The lady who owns and runs the boarding where I leave Bella rescued one here (the only one I've seen in Cyprus so far). She said it was being 'dragged along on a rope behind a truck'. It's got a wonderful forever home now.

He is their pet now (they live on the premises) and free to roam within the precincts of the boarding property and is always the FIRST dog at the big gates when you clang the bell. Huge great double iron gates and he jumps at them so hard it rings the bell again!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Fabulous Dog(s). The lady who owns and runs the boarding where I leave Bella rescued one here (the only one I've seen in Cyprus so far). She said it was being 'dragged along on a rope behind a truck'. It's got a wonderful forever home now.

He is their pet now (they live on the premises) and free to roam within the precincts of the boarding property and is always the FIRST dog at the big gates when you clang the bell. Huge great double iron gates and he jumps at them so hard it rings the bell again!
Thank goodness he was rescued so bad to treat any breed this way but these dogs its a sin they are so sensitive.

If our french door isn't shut on properly and one of us comes in through the gate Dillon bounces so hard against the door it flies open and he comes hurtling out to us.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Lovely pics
I thought Dillon had a much nicer head / face than his brother too He's so gorgeous
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
There was one with a bit of an iffy temperament and didn't like other dogs near it which wasn't helpful when we were watching dogs in the ring. It did have a go at Dillon just barking and grumbling and he sat there looking quite bemused.
There's always one isn't there I have to say that when Baruska was younger she would have been that one I am convinced it's in the genes and breeders should not breed from dogs like that, but they do, and over here there are no Kennel Club rules or guidelines so the breeders can do what they like. Thankfully Baruska is so much better now that she is a pensioner
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Gorgeous dogs, all of them.
Except that Dillion is more gorgeouser than the rest
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Lovely pictures of a lovely breed. I also thought Dillon had a far nicer head than his brother but they are all gorgeous.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Lovely pics
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Lovely pics
I thought Dillon had a much nicer head / face than his brother too He's so gorgeous
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
There's always one isn't there I have to say that when Baruska was younger she would have been that one I am convinced it's in the genes and breeders should not breed from dogs like that, but they do, and over here there are no Kennel Club rules or guidelines so the breeders can do what they like. Thankfully Baruska is so much better now that she is a pensioner
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Gorgeous dogs, all of them.
Except that Dillion is more gorgeouser than the rest
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
Lovely pictures of a lovely breed. I also thought Dillon had a far nicer head than his brother but they are all gorgeous.
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Lovely pics
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
First thing that went through my mind is thank goodness the other couple got first choice of puppy as Dillon has grown up by far the most handsome of the two.
Looks like he enjoyed his day and bet you did too.
Theres nothing nicer than being in a big gathering of people with your own breed.

Thanks all for the lovely replies. We feel Dillon has the more typical male Bernese face and head out of the two. Funny to think the other puppy was our first choice but the other people were first on the list. Lee did say yesterday it was a difficult choice between the two. As we well know. He already has an adult Bernese as he carts, they are off to the Scotland get together soon and will see the other brother it will be interesting to hear how he is doing.

Always one Harvey. What got me was their total look of not being aware on their faces if you get my meaning just a oh dear here it goes again. There was a write up a few months back about a disagreeable Bernese attacking a puppy as it went in the ring and the phrase the usual culprit but the puppy and handler handled it well so I am wondering if this is the same one. Never mind Dillon behaved impeccably and just sat their looking at it as if to say gosh you are wasting energy.

You are right Bev there is nothing quite like getting a great gathering of your breed together.
Alice Childress
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I am very lucky as I got to meet the famous Dillon yesterday He is even more handsome in the flesh and such a lovely boy. Was also lovely to meet you and Gordon, Lynn
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >