Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2010, 01:03 PM

Training Rally scootering/rig runner etc

There is a training rally to be held at Elveden Forest on the 6th/7th Novemeber!
A really good chance for newbies to get started running their dogs with a scooter/bike or rig! Chat to other mushers in training and some more expereinced mushers too!
So heres the link http://web.me.com/fred_palmer/Elvede...t/welcome.html

Anyone whos even vaguley interested in a fun way to exercise your dogs come along!
It doesnt just have to be sled dog types I know of all sorts of breeds that run including a great Northern Irish team of Setters!! So come along and have some fun with your dog!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Ha ha, I think I know that team of Irish setters you mention. They fitted me and Elroy out recently for our scooter, harness and ganglines.

Not too bad a time either for their first time over to the UK.
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2010, 02:45 PM
That would be the ones! nice people!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 02:51 PM
That is a lovely invitation, Inka would have excelled he loved pulling my pawtrekker ...
I remember being in Devilla forest one day watching some huskies do their stuff with the riggs but Inka and Kain were frowned upon for being there, like we didn't have the right
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
That is a lovely invitation, Inka would have excelled he loved pulling my pawtrekker ...
I remember being in Devilla forest one day watching some huskies do their stuff with the riggs but Inka and Kain were frowned upon for being there, like we didn't have the right
Some rally associations are very strict on what breeds they will allow to run as they want to make it as fair as possible for those competing. But this is a training rally so its welcome one and all.. niether of my dogs are KC regd and theres every chance one of them is a Sibe x Mal so I couldnt compete but I can go to training like this as its just done for education and fun!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
That's a real shame. This is the kind of sport alot of dogs can benefit from, not just the pure nordic breeds. Hopefully those people you met on that day can open up their minds and not have such a breedist attitude in future!
Vikki123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Next time tell em that the champion Iditarod mushers use MUTTS and not sibes anyway! That'll stump em!

I hate these "dog purists" sometimes they can be a bunch of fascists!
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-12-2010, 08:49 PM
wow!

AND there are actually several pure Siberian Husky teams running the Iditarod, Karen Ramstead is the first one that springs into my mind
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Vikki123 View Post
Next time tell em that the champion Iditarod mushers use MUTTS and not sibes anyway! That'll stump em!

I hate these "dog purists" sometimes they can be a bunch of fascists!
And Alaskan Husky or Hounds is the terms usually used..not MUTTS!..
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Sometimes I say kismet is an Alaskan husky it's easier to explain and less contraversial than huskamute like lurcher is to greyhound so Alaskan husky is to husky... Bit of husky bit of anything else

anybody run their dogs in rig down south? I'm in Essex and would love to try kismet in a rig, I have a new bike and am getting a jorring rig for Christmas we have been practicing pulling and gee and haw with the walkydog rig and her stamina was getting brilliant till the snow hit... Now feeling a bit ironic that her husky training has to stop cos of snow can't get the bike out in the snow
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >