Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 10:14 AM

Strange substance in air last night !

Not sure if this is right place, apologies if not. Last night arrived home from visiting Son, Pete let dogs out for wee whilst I went upstairs to change into nightwear and go loo! I heared dogs going wild barking like mad as if an intruder so flew down to them, Pete was taking car to garage round corner. As I entered the utility room the air hit me and made me cough, it went to my chest then started burning my mouth, my eyes ok, I just grabbed gos took them into living room and sat down in shock. Pete came in told him and he went to utility room, which leads to the outside, same think hit him he started coughing got onto his chest , so we searched cupboards etc in case something wrong with discinfectants etc but nothing amiss. Phoned Son, he came over and we opened all the doors and windows to let fresh air in. Dogs ok apart from Willo who s left eye would not open for 30 mins. We coughed and coughed and sat outside in fresh air whilst Son searched grounds for evidence something thrown or sprayed at the dogs ( not everyone likes dogs around here and mine do bark at times) Found nothing, had a further search this morning but nothing. Pete sure a neighbour done something to upset dogs and its affected us too, we are ok today just mild sore throats nothing to moan about though. So I phoned the local police to report it and they were not at all interested, said they would log it but phone env health in case it was a chemical leak,!! Its obvious it was something either thrown or sprayed as it was not in the room when we put dogs out but 3 mins later it was and why did they go wild with barking, erh Police these days, anyway got up through night to check dogs and gave them a good brush but all seems ok thank goodness, just keeping extra eye on our area from now on. Oh env health no good either although more concerned than the Police were, now we dont get to speak to a Policeman or waoman you get a cll centre and they decide it it s worth a report or not!!!! Give me back the days my Dad was a policeman and cared. Smell went soon though after openeing windows etc and only bathroom affected as Pete went to loo and had another attack up there, all ok now though
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh that must have been a shock to you, what a shame there is no hard evidence (Like an empty can or such )

Since the dogs were going mad I would think there was definately someone in your garden, maybe you came home a bit earlier than you normally do and disturbed them.

Hope you are feeling better now and really do hope they don't try anything like this again.

And I agree with you on the Police thing too.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for support Losos, thought no one going to reply!! Getting nervous now its getting dark again this evening, guess whoever did it wont try again tonight but concerned just in case. We dont go out in the evenings very often usually here with dogs but still let them out last thing for the toilet, will be extra careful tonight though
deez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
that sounds awful, how worrying for you. my dogs sleep in utility room, and i always leave window open- how scary! not just that that happened- it sounds like something has been spayed- but that someone would just wander up to your house like that.
can you think of anyone? when we had problems last year, it ended up being someone who had it in for daughter at school, she hadnt even had agruement or anything
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear this, no wonder you were scared and still are.

If I were you I would go to my local police station to speak to an officer (not a civilian) and check it has been logged and let them know that you are still concerned it has been some sort of attack. Get shoulder numbers as well as they are less likely to fob you off if their number is noted.
Hopefully it has been a one off. Take care xx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 09:39 PM
hope all is quiet this evening.
I wonder whatever it was?

What a horrible shock going down stairs and walking into that. Whatever is going on in the world.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Sorry to hear this, no wonder you were scared and still are.

If I were you I would go to my local police station to speak to an officer (not a civilian) and check it has been logged and let them know that you are still concerned it has been some sort of attack. Get shoulder numbers as well as they are less likely to fob you off if their number is noted.
Hopefully it has been a one off. Take care xx
I agree whole heartedly.

How awful for you, so glad everyone is ok and your dogs too.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2008, 05:48 AM
How dreadful.
Agree wholeheartedly with talking to an officer and getting numbers. I remember on one occasion asking for a man's number and suddenly they sat up and took action!

Hope you had a restful night x
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 08:54 AM
All ok last night but still paranoid and wondering just who did it. Was upstairs drying my hair yest and noticed elderly man at side of us with a spray in his hand, I was frantic could have been totally innocent but still worried rushed down and got dogs indoors. Maybe it was a one off and just kids in passing as we have had bother years ago with kids jumping over gardens, but still why would they have a chemical of this sort odd, anyway thanks all x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Such a shame that your going through this, but know where your coming from. We have neighbours where the grandchildren think it's funny to throw things over the fence, the other day balloons with water in........I threw them back. Whoooooops hit one of the kids pity it didn't burst all over him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >