Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Wasnt hound day Thursday? that gave her 2 full days till BIS...
Hound day was Saturday - and to cap it all there was an accident on the M5 on Saturday afternoon/evening and so it was closed. We took ages longer than the usual to get home, so heavens knows what sort of journey they had to get all the way down to Cornwall. If it had been me I would probably have been in my nightie!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I wanted the Beardie with Bloodhound as reserve. Oh well :-s

Oh and I didn't have a problem with the Bloodhound owner's attire It's a dog show - not a fashion show LOL
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 09:47 AM
TT showed his socks off - loved the FCR and the Bloodhound too.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I really fancied the flattie - what a performer! But the Tibetan terrier was puree gold too! The bloodhound was in superb shape too - beautifully put-together, a credit to her breed.

I wasn't 100% impressed with the wire fox terrier, nor with the terrier group judging in general - some politics going on there, I thought...

On the plus side, I thought the Irish terrier BOB was a stunner - and with an entire tail! And the breeder of my mum's older westie was judging the westies - how exciting is that!?!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2007, 10:37 PM
i liked the mal but he didn't seem to move very well, probably tierd.
2nd i liked the maltese but the bloodhound was a good looking example and very laid back, although i thought the hander could have dressed up more to show more of an effort.
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2007, 09:30 PM
I thought what she was wearing was quite fitting for the bloodhound umm, how can I put it... vibe? (for want of a better word!)

I mean there are flashy dogs and the are more down to earth dogs - when I think Bloodhound I see a Barbour jacket and a flat cap rather than chiffon or a sharp suit... But maybe thats just me! /
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40 View Post
when I think Bloodhound I see a Barbour jacket and a flat cap rather than chiffon or a sharp suit... But maybe thats just me! /

I agree, but, there's casual and then there's smart casual.

Dawn R.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Must admit I picked Willy out of that line up too, but I also thought the Maltese would get reserve. Both of them were absolute show-stealers!

I also thought the Bloodhounds owner looked a bit under-dressed, but hey, as long as the lady had a ball I guess who cares!!
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I know this is a dog SHOW with a very vocal, enthusiastic audience in situ...... cameras, television, press , load of photographers etc but...... there's nowhere in the standards that says the dogs have to perform to an audience and show off.

It's a very unatual situation for most dogs, so I've voted for the Mal
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I know this is a dog SHOW with a very vocal, enthusiastic audience in situ...... cameras, television, press , load of photographers etc but...... there's nowhere in the standards that says the dogs have to perform to an audience and show off.

It's a very unatual situation for most dogs, so I've voted for the Mal

Yes you're right HOWEVER these dogs are used to the big ring and the noise and bustle of a big show.A good show dog puts on a performance....and some of these didn't.The mal and the beardie especially both of whom had had rest days.The best performances came from the 2 group winners from sunday who had had a long day.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >