View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Good choice in the Flat Coat, you could see the dog had lots of character. Looks amazing for 9 years old as well.

I liked the Pointer and the Welsh Springer, too.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
The Flatcoat was gorgeous - what a glossy coat!

Lovely that an 'older' dog won!
Great isn't it?? He doesn't look old though, such a handsome boy! I am also hoping he wins the top prize!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I like a gundog to look like he could do the job. The Large Munsterlander was smashing. Athletic, responsive, intelligent (looking anyway).
The Bracco looked good - but couldn`t really see him doing retrieves for some reason. A bit of a Himbo maybe?
And I somehow couldn`t see that American Cocker charging through thick cover......
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
noticed that several places were withheld in the bracco ring
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I like a gundog to look like he could do the job. The Large Munsterlander was smashing. Athletic, responsive, intelligent (looking anyway).
The Bracco looked good - but couldn`t really see him doing retrieves for some reason. A bit of a Himbo maybe?
And I somehow couldn`t see that American Cocker charging through thick cover......
The Bracco looked a bit...I dunno...heavy to me, too. I thought its movement was lovely, but it looked a bit 'overdone'. I LOVE Braccos but the ones I've seen in the flesh were much more athletic looking.

American Cockers don't do anything for me with that haircut; not exactly functional.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:30 PM
To be honest, I don't watch much of the showing because I find it uncomfortable to watch the dogs being 'strung up' on those very thin show leads/collars.

Good job I'm not a judge because the winner would be the one that went around the arena on a loose lead looking relaxed and comfortable
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Good job I'm not a judge because the winner would be the one that went around the arena on a loose lead looking relaxed and comfortable
That would be the Flatcoat then
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
To be honest, I don't watch much of the showing because I find it uncomfortable to watch the dogs being 'strung up' on those very thin show leads/collars.

I'm so glad you said that - I'm sitting here wondering why posters are surprised that this one did well or that one didn't when it's all a matter of taste of one person! Okay, I know I just don't 'get' showing and I know there is a breed standard to follow but it's still one person's interpretation of whether the dog meets that standard or not.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I'm really pleased that the FCR won the group as at least it looks like a proper dog! Sorry, but I thought the Bracco was really ugly!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:12 AM
i liked the bracco!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:13 AM
It is down to one person's taste, even when judging one breed, its down to their taste of 'type'... thats why some dogs do better than others..
But, one thing that I saw was happy dogs, with waggy tails, they wouldn't do that if they were unhappy at being shown!!
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »