Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
That was a nice thing to do Beseoker. You and max.
Thank you kindly for that.
Max is Max.
We considered having him registered as a PAT dog, pets as therapy. We had the assessment done and he passed that. But then NHS registration wanted a significant administration fee to process the application. Wait, I thought, I'm trying to put something back into society, the visits would be voluntary and beneficial. And I have to pay for that?

It didn't sit well with me. I'm offering a free service to drive to the hospitals, unlimited free time with me and my dog. Paying to be permitted to do that?

Sure, they must vet the dogs and their owners. That I understand. And that there would be a cost for doing so. But I had already paid for the assessment. The individual passport photographs of me and the dog, I had no problem with. My camera, my printer, job done. Some, but not a lot of cost. Apart from purchasing the kit in the first place.

So, I bear all the up front costs and then still have to pay??
But I may still go ahead. I think Max has a lot to give.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
We considered having him registered as a PAT dog, pets as therapy.
I considered Casey for that job as well, he would be perfect, such a loveable old boy. But just don't have the time and even less keen now that you've indicated the costs involved.

Max & Casey would be great together, shame they will never meet.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I considered Casey for that job as well, he would be perfect, such a loveable old boy. But just don't have the time and even less keen now that you've indicated the costs involved.

Max & Casey would be great together, shame they will never meet.
I sure they would. I do have the time to offer. I have already put some of that investment in. And the costs amount to a about to about that of big bag of dog food.

Max really is such a gentle and lovebird fellow. It would seem a shame to waste that.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3